Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Fate

I'm pregnant. For real. Who knew. There's really a baby in there. A baby that didn't require injections and ultrasounds and thousands of dollars to create. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that one. It's still very, very surreal.

According to the dildocam today, I am 5 weeks 2 days. My due date is January 26, 2010. The day before Gracie's birthday. of course, I will delivery early, somewhere around the first week of January.

The best part is that I have given away every single baby item we have had as Nat grew out of it, so I literally have to start over. It's an excuse to go shopping. I suppose I'll get over that. All of my maternity clothes were summer, so I would have had to get all that again anyway. Again, shopping really breaks my heart, so bummer...NOT!

I posted in January about a lady down the street who lost her baby daughter Madison. Catherine made a bracelet for her that she wears everyday. She called me the other day and said she had "BIG NEWS"... You can guess what the "BIG NEWS" is. I'm over the moon for her. I'm also even more scared now. For both of us. She and I have the same due date. She said something along the lines of there being a plan somewhere that we would be pregnant together so I could help her through it. I hope the outcome is the best one for both of us. I hope.

At any rate, that's all I've got for the moment. More when things sink it a little more. You know, like in January.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:43 PM , Blogger KB said...

    You were going to need to shop anyway. He'd look silly in pink and girly things. :)

     
  • At 2:27 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

    5 weeks down.... shopping is cathartic. It will get you through the months. Probably no dearer than therapy PLUS you have the massive buffer with all the ivf money you saved ;)

    I'm also really glad you have someone close and IRL to travel this road with.

     
  • At 5:08 PM , Blogger pithydithy said...

    Woo hoo! And shopping is so totally essential. Seriously. As I always told Mr P, how else does a mother express her love?

     
  • At 5:15 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    Congratulations!!!! So happy for you and wishing you all the best.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home