Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Friday, February 18, 2005

Anyone else hate OPK's?

This is the first time I've used one and I officially hate it. If I take a pregnancy test, I know I can get up in the morning, pee on a stick and Viola. Results. Generally speaking, they are clear results. One line no, two lines yes. Easy enough.

OPK. Get up, pee. Have to remember to pee again between 10 and 3, but can't pee between now and then. I don't know about you all, but after I wake up and get going, it's hard to look at the time and correllate it with things like peeing. I got up this morning, left the house at 11:00. Didn't pee until 2:00, when I realized that I had gone without peeing on the damn stick. Fuck. So, I waited awhile and I get one line and a faint line (like yesterday). Fuck again.

Now I don't know if I really got a negative (which is what I got, right?) or if I just screwed up the timing. Couple that with the fact that I'm trying to chart my temps, but they are goofy because Gracie is up at night with a silly cough, so I'm not sure those are even right. Ugh.

According to my past cycles, the next few days are my green light. I've never paid this much attention and I feel like I'm screwing it up way more than I did when I just threw caution to the wind and guessed which day it might be.

I suppose that knowing this is a pretty good weekend, I could just seduce my poor husband a couple of times a day for the next three days. It is a three day weekend and all...

2 Comments:

  • At 5:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    If things don't work this month (they will though), maybe try a saliva scope. Mine was about $20 at WalMart. It's not as accurate as OPKs in that it will give you a fertile window of several days, but you can use it any time of day and as many times as you want during the day, unike those stupid OPKs.... which never worked for me anyways!!

     
  • At 4:22 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    OPKs do suck. I finally caved and bought a fertility monitor, which I'm sure does the exact same thing as the OPKs but you don't have to sit there and say--is that line equal to or darker than that other line or is it just my imagination because I'm really hoping that I am going to ovulate? Now I can just obsess over whether the monitor is working correctly. How tempted am I to get the scope too....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home