Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Bad News - Good News

Bad news?

Started my period yesterday...IN Babies R Us. How's that for a big "FU" from the universe?

Good news?

I got to drink (several of) my favorite martini(s) at dinner last night.

Oh, and I'm drinking leaded coffee this morning.

Woohoo.

As a side note, the last two cycles included a 10 day luteal phase. That seem short? What can they do for that? Progesterone? My temp still isn't below my coverline. I'm confused.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM , Blogger lorem ipsum said...

    Ten days is considered short - or, at best, the lowest end of normal. Some people say certain herbs can lengthen it. I use progesterone, as my LP traditionally has been 12 days (for a couple it was 14, but then it settled down again) but it's only 11.5, which is also low end of normal. Definitely ask your doctor about it - she may or may not want to do something. If so, the beginning of your cycle is the perfect time to take stock.

     
  • At 1:46 PM , Blogger Kathy McC said...

    Damn for AF...Yeah for a few good drinks. I agree with Lorem...definitely talk to the doc about it. That is short.

     
  • At 11:58 AM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    When I took Clomid, it always lengthened my luteal phase; that's one reason why some doctors prescribe it. My RE also started giving me progesterone suppositories. Believe me when I say that the oral progesterone doesn't seem to do the job. I'd give your doctor a call if you have concerns, especially since she is so great about everything.

     
  • At 9:17 AM , Blogger msfitzita said...

    My LP has been 10 days since Thomas was born. Two cylces ago I started taking B6 supplements (50 mg, in addition to the 20 mg in my daily multivitamin) and it lengthened my LP by two days the first cycle and one day last cycle. It also made AF much more normal than it has been for the past 10 cycles.

    I'd give that a try!

     
  • At 7:19 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Progesterone. Mine were 10dpo after Charlie.

    I'm sorry. :(

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home