Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

My Jeans are Already Tight

Some of the shock from the ultrasound has worn off. We're obviously still sad, but we're trying to put more thought and energy into being positive about the one that is left. I do have more feelings about all that, but they will keep for now.

Moving on.

My jeans are already uncomfortable. I haven't gained any weight, in fact despite the fact that I'm eating constantly, I've actually lost. Odd how that works. But, the old favorite jeans don't fit so hot in the waist already. I guess that's what happens with number three. Your body looks around and just says "oh, I remember this." And magically, you're way farther along than you really are. Nice.

I have to run already, we're meeting some friends for dinner...

Thanks so much for all your well-wishes. They mean the world.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:10 AM , Blogger Anam Cara said...

    I just read your previous post and I too am so very sad. Big hugs to you and keeping my fingers crossed for the little one growing inside you. I'm so sorry Michelle that your happiness has to be shared with sadness and grief. It is not fair.

     
  • At 5:03 AM , Blogger laura said...

    what is with the body's betrayal? the last time around, i had to go to my transitional pants within a couple of weeks of conception. someone must answer for this.

     
  • At 11:17 AM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    It IS funny how quickly you 'look' larger after each pregnancy. For a while, I looked as if I needed to do a few sit-ups, so I was glad when I really looked pregnant. It's fun, too, to be able to eat a lot again without worrying about how you look. Hey, it's for the baby!
    Again, I am so sorry about the loss of one of the twins. Praying for you that the other twin is a healthy one, and in a few months time, looking into his/her sweet little face will help to melt some of the pain of Audrey's death, not to mention the last few years, away.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home