Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Friday, March 10, 2006

My New Favorite Song

Okay, I'm generally not a huge Kenny Rogers fan, but this one I like.

I Can't Unlove You

Postcards and letters
Pictures made to last forever
To Be boxed up
and tossed away
Nick-Nacs, souvenirs
In an afternoon
Their out of here
They disappear without a trace
What they mean to me can never be replaced
[chorus]
I cant unthink about you
I cant unfeel your touch
I cant unhear all the words
Unsay all the things that used to mean so much
I wish I could unremember everything
My hearts been through
Im finding out its impossible to do
Oh, its no use
I cant unlove you
In this dance of old songs
Like time they go on and on
I guess I could learn to do the same
I could wake up without you
These two arms not around you
Tell myself its meant to be this way
No matter how I try
Some things I cant change.
[chorus]
I wish I could unremember
Everything my hearts been through
Im finding out its impossible to do
Its no use
I cant unlove you

1 Comments:

  • At 12:37 PM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    What a beautiful song! Its lyrics can be put to so many situations of a loved one no longer with us. I wish you peace, Michelle. And I am so sorry you aren't holding Audrey, and her two arms aren't wrapped around you like they should be.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home