Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

CD something or other and 9 lives

7 I think. And away we go.

Rescued a cat today. My co-worker and I were driving on the freeway and he spotted the poor kitty on the shoulder. We couldn't get back to him so we got off at the next exit and went back to get him. Pulled over, and the damn thing jumped under my Yukon and parked himself on my spare tire. Pretty safe place really. But, we couldn't get him out and couldn't sit on the shoulder trying to get him so we slowly made the 5 mile drive back to my office. We could hear him crying the whole way. Heartbreaking.

Got back to the office and spent the nest 3 hours trying to get him out. He's sick and skinny, very dehydrated, but wasn't budging from the tire. I finally called Onstar (if you see me on an Onstar commercial, you heard it here first). They were all set to send someone out, but before they could get it scheduled, we finally got a hold of him and jerked him out.

So, we made our way to the closest vet. He's there now, we're waiting to hear if he can be made well or not. He had goopy eyes, goopy nose, a foot injury and his nether region was not so good. He's not fixed (that pisses me off) and my guess (by his teeth) is that he's less than a year old. Super friendly though. He purred and rubbed his dirty self all over me. I of course wore a white shirt today. He's currently light grey (same color as my once white shirt) and dark grey. I think with a bath he'll be grey and white.

I'm trying to convince DH to let us keep him and name him Freeway, but I don't know if he'll bite. We're really not cat people, but this one found us, so we'll see. I hope the vet calls soon. Poor little guy.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:54 PM , Blogger Catherine said...

    Oh, I hope Freeway makes a full recovery...and weasels his way into your home. :o)

     
  • At 5:03 PM , Blogger Amy said...

    Sounds like you have found a new friend. Love the name too. :)

     
  • At 10:31 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

    I'd say 'Lucky' would have to ba a contender for a name too:) I hope he can be made well (and at minimum expense!).

     
  • At 6:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I really hope the little kitty is ok. I love cats, they are great pets. They are so easy to car for. I hope Jim will let you keep him.

     
  • At 12:13 PM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    You did such a great thing! I am personally not a cat person either, but I love all animals and am so impressed with you that you saved its life! Most people just drive on by. Good for you!!!

    BTW, Freeway is THE perfect name for that furball!!!!

     
  • At 3:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, what a wonderful person you are you! I think you and Freeway are meant to be together.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home