Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Orb-ital Dreams



Now friends, take a look at that picture. I missed something until I got the printed copies back today. See the bluish orb just to the left and above Gracie's head?

I know not everyone believes in that stuff, but is it okay if I believe that is her sister?

Okay, I'm not a freak. There is actually evidence that orbs that show up in pictures are the energy of spirits.

See:

The following excerpt is from a book called The Encyclopedia of Ghosts & Spirits:


ORBS Energy anomalies recorded at some haunted sites. Orbs are not visible to the naked eye but can be seen through infrared monitors and can be recorded on photographic film. When they show up, they appear to be luminosities that are round or diffuse, and even rectangular in shape. Detection and study of orbs has developed with the advent of high technology GHOST INVESTIGATION. Orbs appear to be a form of energy of unknown origin. They are not stray light sources, insects or dust particles. They are not sufficiently strong enough to set off any type of detection meters, nor do they have sufficient mass to set off infrared motion detectors. They seem to defy gravity and change directions, sometimes quickly. They twinkle. They react to the presence of people: they increase in number when people are present in a haunted location. They appear both indoors and outdoors. They cannot be explained by static discharge such as that which is created by walking on carpet, for they are recorded in houses and buildings that have no carpet. Orbs are not the same as GHOST LIGHTS, which are similar in shape and behavior, but which are much brighter and are visible to the naked eye. According to DALE KACZMARKEK, president of GHOST RESEARCH SOCIETY (GRS), orbs may be some of the best evidence for hauntings. The GRS has pioneered investigation of orbs with night-vision equipment and has documented cases with unexplained orb activity.

Also:

http://ghoststudy.com/a_what_are_orbs.html

So maybe I am nuts. But...what if?

11 Comments:

  • At 1:13 PM , Blogger Laura said...

    I don't think that you're nuts! I just wrote about my trip to Arkansas this weekend, but I left out the part where we took a tour of a haunted hotel. I'll write about it later and include some links.

     
  • At 6:49 PM , Blogger lorem ipsum said...

    Hmmm... as a former photographer who taught everything technical I could find an explanation for the blue orb if I wanted to. But it's better to have faith and believe in the unbelievable mystery sometimes.

    (ps I do feel we're on a similar path, despite our different beginnings. Not sure about the specifics, but there is a straight line between our two points...)

     
  • At 8:44 PM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    I believe in things I never thought I would before. My girlfriend went through a similiar experience as you, and totally believes in things like that. She has told me about hearing a music box play and no one has touched it. She is passionate that her son is watching over her and her family. I believe her, and you, too!

     
  • At 7:51 AM , Blogger Diana said...

    I believe! There is also a fellow blogger- I will have to get her blog site addy for you- you should contact her. She deals with this stuff, and she is good. Maybe she can answer some questions for you...I'll be back with the address!

     
  • At 7:53 AM , Blogger Diana said...

    Here it is: http://crazyassfamily.blogspot.com/
    Her name is Tree.
    She's always open to people contacting her.

     
  • At 8:43 AM , Blogger KB said...

    Well, you're most certainly nuts, but that's for a whole host of OTHER reasons. As far as your blue orb, I think Audrey wanted in the picture. :D

     
  • At 12:26 PM , Blogger Tree said...

    Hi,
    Thanks for the comment. Of course I have the time and desire. email me, ok? treebob@dragonrun.com
    Tree

     
  • At 4:05 PM , Blogger kate said...

    Hey, *everybody* on my block of houses built in the 1880's believes in spirits, or ghosts. So no, i don't think you are crazy at all. I wish i had a picture like that!

     
  • At 10:27 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

    Visiting from Tree's site. :) I'm a photographer, too, but I agree with the comments on faith. And look how happy your Gracie looks!

     
  • At 2:11 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

    I believe...and yeah, I know all the technical reasons for why that orb could be there. But there is also one reason that seems much more obvious so I think it is lovely to have this little snippet of time where your girls are together and you got to see it.

     
  • At 9:15 AM , Blogger msfitzita said...

    If you're crazy, then so am I. We had a 40th anniversary party for my Mom and Dad this weekend, and there are orbs in a handful of the photos I took. They seem concentrated on me, my Dad and my MIL. I took close to 100 photos but only a few have orbs in them.

    I thought exactly the same thing - that maybe Thomas and others who have passed were stopping in to enjoy the party.

    I love the idea that you have a picture of your two beautiful little girls. And I'll keep thinking that's exactly what it is, if that's okay with you. :)

    ((((HUGS)))

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home