Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Lazy=Guilt

I'm working on not getting upset that my house is a disaster. I just don't have the energy to do anything about it. I went to Target and bought stuff to organize my laundry room closet, but so far non of it has so much as made it out of the car. I started laundry last week, Jim tried to get it finished over the weekend, but so far it's still only half done. It would help if we could all quit dirtying clothes. I get almost finished and then give up for a few days. There are dishes in my sink...there are never dishes in my sink. It's not even like it's a hassle because I have to empty the dishwasher first. I just haven't put them in there.

Gracie has watched so much TV in the last week, I'm sure her brain is mushing out as we speak. I need to play a game with her or something tonight, but moving makes me feel like I'm going to puke. It's all I can do to make sure the dogs get out to pee and Gracie gets fed. I did take her to the mall and to lunch for a couple of hours. We walked around and I let her pick some stuff out at Claire's. She loves that store.

The dogs are bored as hell. Jim's been working late, so he doesn't even have time to entertain them the last few days. Thankfully two of them are old enough that they are really fine with it, but the puppy is going nuts.

I suck.

7 Comments:

  • At 4:10 PM , Blogger Kathy McC said...

    No you don't suck! The fact that you've made it out of bed is a victory! Give yourself some credit and try to let this stuff go. I know easier said than done. You can always turn your underwear inside out! ;-)

     
  • At 4:21 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

    If you DO suck, and I'm not saying you do, then it's for a good reason. I say yay for sucking:) It means that Bubs is SUCKceeding in doing his/her job. Hey, everything'll keep for a little while - that laundry ain't going nowhere lol:) Now go have a nap!

     
  • At 5:46 PM , Blogger Catherine said...

    It's a relatively short period of time, in the grand scheme of things. And it takes television longer than this to turn a small brain to mush...Sam's going on two years and he's smarter than ever. :o)

    Take it easy! How many times in your life are you going to have an excuse to not be super-mom?

     
  • At 6:49 AM , Blogger pithydithy said...

    Of course you suck. You are in the first trimester of pregnancy. That's what it is all about. I'd give yo a pep talk about how you'll start feeling perkier again when the second tri arrives, but my house hasn't been really clean since before I got pregnant. Anyway, cut yourself A LOT of slack here. You are doing the hugely important job of growing a baby. That's a lot of work!!!!!

     
  • At 7:05 AM , Blogger mah-meeee said...

    Being preggers and taking care of your family is alot to do. You should not feel guilt for you are doing the most important task for the family right now .... growing your baby. Dishes,laundry, and even dog walking can be 'out-sourced!' Take it easy, you deserve to kick up your feet and be lazy!

     
  • At 7:54 AM , Blogger kate said...

    I totally agree with the other commenters. My house was a complete pit for the first 14-16 wks of this pg, and Chloe spent most of her time in front of some movie or the other. Anytime i absolutely HAD to do something (like that victorian xmas nonsense), i needed a week or more to recover. It wasn't pretty...but i would remember that all the other bloggers who were recently pg had had the same experience. It is just hard, those early days -- physically and emotionally too. You are doing great! So don't worry about organizing the laundry closet of all things, lol.

     
  • At 7:28 PM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    Boy do I remember those times! I agree with everyone else. You do your best; that's all you can do. Oh, and in regards to the laundry, without my husband these last few weeks we wouldn't have had any clean clothes! ANd I'm not pregnant! Take it easy on yourself. When you have this second babe, things won't be much better:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home