Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Computer Go Boom

My laptop died spectacularly last week. Lost everything. All of my pictures are gone (some of which have been saved on CD up until Natalie was born...thankfully, my mom took most of Nat's pictures with her camera, so my dad has those). I knew when the Geek turned it on and said..."Oh, that's not good at all..." that I was in trouble.

So, hey, I'm writing from my spanky new laptop. Did you miss me? You probably never knew I was gone... sniff, sniff.

We're all good. Nat's awesome. Gracie's awesome. My ankle is still in a cast, but a decidely shorter one. I hope to get the removable variety in a couple of weeks and then be able to put a little weight on it a couple weeks after that. Here's hoping.

Things are crazy. My mom had to go home; she and my dad had a trip to Hong Kong planned before I got hurt, so she left and my friend B came out from Vegas. She brought her two girls (3 and 5). The house is just Crazytown at the moment. So loud, so much going on. B and I are having fun, but I think Jim is on the edge. He's working a lot...possibly because he just can't deal with all the girly drama goingon at the moment. Whatever, he has clean underwear, which is more than would happen if it was just me here.

B and the girls are here until the 18th. Mom comes back on the 15th. I hope it goes fast. I want my life back. I actually miss doing my own laundry. Who knew?

3 Comments:

  • At 2:47 PM , Blogger Mrs. Collins said...

    Sorry about the laptop. Mine went boom but my DH is a software engineer uber nerd so he fixed it. I so wanted a new one too!! I never realized how much I used it until it was gone. I'm bad, I can't even watch TV without it!! Talk about ADD!! Glad Natalie's pics are saved.

     
  • At 1:58 PM , Blogger Laura said...

    I had a laptop blow up a couple of years ago...who knew that I really wasn't supposed to have it on my lap that much...it overheated. My husband and I both have laptops and at night we sit in our recliners with our computers in our laps. So romantic. We used to actually IM each other when we were in the same room!

    I'm glad that you're on the mend and I'm so glad that you have so much help. You know, when things get hectic for me, the first thing I want to do is laundry. :)

     
  • At 9:05 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    Sorry about your computer but welcome back! How do you like your new laptop? What kind did you get?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home