Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Stuff

I'm working through it. Loads of issues. Stuff between my brother an parents and I that goes way back, stuff about babies lost, and stuff about probably being done having babies. I guess the list could go on, but it is what it is for now. My baby brother is going to be a daddy, my parents will have more grandkids and (for the most part) it's all good. I'll try to keep my own issues at bay and just enjoy the ride.

Things have been nuts. My aunt and her girlfriend (yes, girlfriend) are staying with us while they try and find a house. They moved from Minnesota to get away from the crappy weather there and to be closer to family. They are wonderful to the girls and fun to have around. We are delighted they will be close to us. It's fun to have family nearby for the first time ever.

We've been out to dinner twice. Once on my birthday and once for a big charity dinner thing we went to. It was great to dress up and not have to referee dinner. I'm sure with them being here we'll have plenty of dinners and an overnight or two in our future.

Halloween is almost here and shortly thereafter Thanksgiving. Before we know it it will be Christmas. Is anyone traveling for the holidays? Everyone's coming to us for Christmas, but we're going to Chicago for a week at Thanksgiving.

What are you all doing?

5 Comments:

  • At 9:23 AM , Blogger niobe said...

    That's not such an easy question to answer. For a whole bunch of reasons.

     
  • At 4:48 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

    I second niobe.

     
  • At 5:28 PM , Blogger Kathy McC said...

    (((hugs))) thinking about you. We WILL find some time to get together. Things have been so nuts. We're seeing my sister for Christmas but we'll be here otherwise.

     
  • At 9:15 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    Thankfully our family is close enough to visit for a day or weekend, but not close enough for them to visit us without calling first, LOL. We'll probably go to my in-laws for Thanksgiving dinner as they are closer (1 1/2 hours) where my parents are 3 hours away. Plus he has a bigger family that we think it's important for our daughter to know her first cousins on DH's side of the family - there are 11 of them! My only brother has no children, so family get togethers there are very small.

    Christmas we always spend the morning at our house opening gifts and then the afternoon at the in-laws and go visit my family for a weekend starting the 26th. I tell them we celebrate Boxing Day with them.

     
  • At 7:26 PM , Blogger KB said...

    forget Chicago. Oklahoma at Thanksgiving would be much better. And then we could drink copious amounts of wine, drunk-call my brother, and vent all the issues in the world. ;) Not to my brother though, he just likes it when I drunk-call and harrass him.

    Don't ask.

    And why is my "word verification" word "BALLISP"? Is that a lispy ball? Or is something else that just rolled into the gutter with my mind?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home