Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Disarray

When we sold the Vegas house, there had been a list of things I wanted to do to this house accumulating for a year. It got really long. Paint this, add that, change this, move that... blah, blah, blah.

Here's a little nugget of wisom for ya. Free. No charge. If you have a long list, DO NOT, under any circumstances, do it all at one time.

I love our house, but to say that the builder cut some corners is being kind. The yards sucked, the grass was spotty at best, the topsoil was nonexistent, the paint was terrible, the flooring is worse. I could go on. But I can't. I'm too broke.

We've spent the last five weeks having the yards totally redone, the interior painted and a few other little things done. I love it. The only thing I couldn't do right now (remember the broke part?) is replace the carpet in the family room and on the stairs. That will be a project for next year.

See, just like your grocery list, you get major stuff done at your house and before the final invoices show up, there's more on the list. Nice, huh? It's the gift that keeps on giving. My husband loves that about me. I'm a giver.

So, to say that things have been crazy here is a slight understatement. Worse yet, I'm a Libra, I like balance. I like organization. I like clean.

Things are not balanced, organized or clean here at the moment. I have laundry piling up while the painters finish. I haven't dusted in weeks. The floors are a nightmare (torn up yards + dogs = mud everywhere). My scales are whacked. My brain hurts.

We wanted to have it all done before my parents get here in a couple of weeks. Brilliant move.

Notsomuch.

This is going to feel really good when the pain stops.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:31 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    I feel for ya. House projects are like snowballs, they keep growing the more you touch it. When you get to a finishing point (even if it is just for the time being) it feels so great.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home