Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Recipe

A Recipe for Disaster

2 - Tired kids who have been up too late for days and overstimulated by various aunts, uncles and cousins

2 - Tired parents who have been up too late and overstimulated by various aunts, uncles and cousins

2 - Delayed flights home

1 - Missed connection

1 - Crappy hotel in Detroit

1 - One cranky re-booking agent who made the mistake of trying to tell me while I breastfed one of the over-tired over-stimulated kids who hadn't eaten in hours and who just wanted to go home, that I needed to leave the area because "that's what restrooms are for"

0 - Luggage because our luggage was already one its way to Philly even though we were decidely NOT

3 - Diapers that had to last until we got home the next morning because I didn't think we needed that many when I packed the diaper bag because shit, we'll be home by 3:00.

Sounds like fun, huh? I'm still recovering and the suitcases are still waiting to be unpacked.

PS...I did give that agent hell. I started by telling her how much I enjoyed having MY lunch on the toilet and asking if I could buy her a sandwich to enjoy while SHE sat on the crapper.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:46 PM , Blogger pithydithy said...

    Restrooms are for EATING?! I'm obviously quite confused.

    Sorry your trip was so exhausting! Hope you gave the agent hell!

     
  • At 5:09 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

    Please tell me that you told her off! Normally I am patient but that would have made me angry. Are you supposed to sit on the toliet to nurse?

     
  • At 10:54 AM , Blogger Laura said...

    OH NO SHE DIDN'T!!!! I've been waiting for someone to tell me to go feed my kid in the john. I just want to go off on someone.

     
  • At 1:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    GOOD FOR YOU!!! Who in the heck dis they think they are?!?!!!!!! I sincerely doubt you were just giving the world a free show and they were WAY, WAY out of line. You ought to report them to the airline. Honest. And I have never even breastfed but still believe you should be able to do so when and where you need to.

    Sorry you had to go through that!

     
  • At 8:02 AM , Blogger JMB said...

    Good grief, I agree, a letter to said crappy airline is waaaay in order. "That's what restrooms are for..." My lord. I don't like to pump in a restroom (which I have to each time I go for my REQUIRED continuing ed classes), and I can't imagine feeding in one. Don't like it? Don't look at me or get me on the next flight, deal?

    Sorry that the trip was so hideous.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home