Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Monday, June 06, 2005

The Afternoon Went From Bad to WORSE

So, the appointment with Dr. Baby Maker was disappointing. He did say he thinks something isn't right, but he wants to doa TON of tests throughout this cycle to figure out what it is. I don't know why I thought he might just write a prescription and send me on my way. That was pretty dumb on my part.

We did a bunch of blood work today. Tomorrow I have to go do this ultrasound where they fill your uterus with fluid to see if it's okay. In two days I have to go for another test where they shoot dye into your Fallopian tubes to make sure they are all okay. Basically, he said that there is a chance that after 2 c-sections that my uterus or Fallopian tubes could be scarred and damaged, or in the case of the tubes, that they could be scarred and adhesed to something that isn't allowing them to pick up an egg from my ovaries. OR...it could be that my hormones are just out of whack because, yes, even at the ripe old age of 30, I am considered old. Yes, I said that. I am old enough that my "egg quality" could be compromised.

So as if all of that isn't shitty enough... I got into a car accident on the way home.

Well, that isn't completely accurate. I CAUSED an accident on the way home. I plowed into someone's rear and he in turn plowed into the guy in front of him. Nice, huh? All of this on the freeway, at rush hour, with really kind people yelling "ASSHOLES!" at us out the window. Because after all of that I really needed some stranger calling me an asshole out his car window.

Why is nothing easy? Why all of this now? I know the important thing is that Gracie (who wasn't even in the car Thank God) is fine and no one else was injured. The man in the first car was an off duty cop and thankfully very kind. He did tell mu husband on the phone tonight that he thought I did what I could to avoid it, but there wasn't much I could have done. But, even after all of that I got a tick (to add insult to injury) and the guy is the middle's car is just trashed. The rear end where I hit him isn't bad at all, in fact like no damage, nor was there any damage to my car. The front of his car is a whole other story. It was trashed. The guy in the first car is fine too.

Fuck this sucks.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:20 PM , Blogger laura said...

    good god - at least tomorrow can only be better!!!!!!!

     
  • At 12:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh my God!! I am so sorry about your shitty day!!! I'm just glad you are alright and didn't get hurt. Don't let this stress you, that's what car insurance is for...
    As for all this testing, I'm so anxious for you to find out what is going on. I'm glad you got in now so that you can get to the bottom of this, that other doctor seemed less than interested in your concerns. At least this one DOING SOMETHING.

     
  • At 11:39 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    I'm so sorry! It sounds like things are really not going well. :(

    If it makes you feel better, my peri says that I am "just a baby" at 29. So if I am a baby at 29 and you are old at 30, something's wrong there. The doctors all say different stuff.

    I know the tests suck, but if they lead to answers and you getting pg they will be worth it (although I don't know why he couldn't have given you some clomid in the meantime.....)

    Hugs. :(

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home