Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

A Plan

I have been trying since last week to decide what to do about our fertility situation... So, I called Dr. Baby Maker today and asked about trying a less invasive approach before jumping into IUI or IVF. I just haven't been able to get used to the idea that I need to go that far. I may be crazy and I may end up just blowing more time and money, but I just don't think I'm ready for IUI or IVF.

I asked about trying clomid or just the injectables and the doc said I could do whatever I felt most comfortable with. We have an appointment for Jim to see his doctor about his part of the problem (poor morphology) and a possible connection to a prostate issue he's had before. I hope that it will be a freak thing or an easy fix. Both of those are very likely. I've read stuff that says poor morphology can be from a prostate infection or infrequent ejaculation(infrequent being less than 3 times a week, can you believe that!!??). So, since we've had issues with both, I think we're really in the clear there once his doc says all is well. His problem isn't terminal!

We see the nurse at Dr. Baby Maker's office tomorrow to tell her what our deal is. I think I'm going to try just the injectables first. I thought I might just try the clomid, but our odds are a lot better with the injectables, so what the hell. I better get used to being a pin cushion since I'll be getting daily injections once I do get pregnant again.

So, we'll order the expensive box of drugs and on CD 2, we'll start hoping for the best. For some reason, the burning desire to have this happen RIGHT NOW has waned a bit and I'm much more okay with the idea that it's not going to happen tomorrow. I think the break this month, even with all the doctors and tests, has been a way for me to focus on something besides charting and testing. I feel a little more relaxed than I did before. I don't really have a false sense of hope or anything. The reality is that it could all fail as easily as it could succeed.

For some odd reason, I could live with that if I had to.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    GOOD!!!!! You already know I totally agree with you, but I'm glad you've "made the decision", so to speak. And I'm glad you've got answers, even if they aren't exactly what you wanted to hear. It's all stuff you can deal with!

    Less than 3x a week? Wow.

    And, once again, I don't want to hear whining when you're 6mos along with the triplets! ;)

     
  • At 3:01 PM , Blogger laura said...

    you sound much freer (free-er? you know what i mean.) and it sounds good on you. i'm hoping for the best fo ryoul

     
  • At 10:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My name is Holly Lem and i would like to show you my personal experience with Clomid.

    I am 28 years old. I got preg first time on my own & miscarried. after a while of trying, my dr put me on clomid. after the first round i got pregnant & miscarried. i decided not to try or think about it at all probably for a 9 months... right around the time baby would be due & then started trying again. after a few months got back on clomid. after 5 months and no pregnancy i'm giving it a rest again. it's to much disappointment. i'm going to give it a try again soon, in the mean time we're keeping our fingers crossed for the old fashioned way to work.

    I have experienced some of these side effects-
    HOT FLASHES, moody, cry easily, weight gain, headaches etc!!

    I hope this information will be useful to others,
    Holly Lem

    Clomid Prescription Information

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home