Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Friday, June 10, 2005

Tears in Heaven

I took Gracie to dinner last night because Jim was out of town. We went to Fridays and sat on the patio...it was a perfectly lovely evening in the desert. We had a nice dinner and when we started to go our waitress brought Gracie a balloon. It of course didn't last long and before we could go was sailing off into the night sky.

I told Gracie it was going high up in the sky.

She responded "for Audrey".

I thought I might die. She's two. She was 21 mos when Audrey was born. How does she know this stuff???

6 Comments:

  • At 5:38 PM , Blogger Catherine said...

    Gracie is one smart girl

     
  • At 5:54 AM , Blogger Anam Cara said...

    They are amazing these little toddlers, aren't they??
    although the comment my daughter (who will be 3 next month) said today was a little scary. I asked her if she wanted to go see my friend J, and her 3 sons (almost 4, 2 1/2 - they're my daughter's little playmates - and a new addition who is 1 month). She said
    "but I think their new brother is going to die". shit, I hope she never says that to anyone else! too much talk about death I guess in our house.

     
  • At 6:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow. I am floored that Gracie is so....so.

    In other news, yay for being done with the HSG! That's a test that so many women dread and now you're all done with it. As for Maxi Thins-- where's truth in advertising!?

     
  • At 7:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think I love that kid.

     
  • At 11:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm totally in awe of that little girl right now...that is the most precious, pure of heart thing I have heard in a long, long time. Children know so much more than we think :)

     
  • At 9:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    How incredibly sweet. Audrey is with Gracie, I totally believe that.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home