Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Isn't that ENOUGH??

I got a note last week from a guy I dated before I met Jim. We dated for almost 7 years and I spent the last 2 trying to get away from him. He and I just did not belong together for many reasons. I learned many things from him, from that relationship, so I am grateful to him. Without him I wouldn't have valued what I have with Jim. For that I owe him.

So, the guy, M, has tried for years to get me to admit I made a mistake. He's tried to come between Jim and I for no other reason than because I was the only one in his life who left him. Before me, he did the leaving. So for that and other reasons, I've just stayed away. At times I do run into him because we work in the same industry and occasionally we run into each other. That's what happened last week.

Well, in the note he sent, he asked how I was. I figured he had heard about Audrey, so I just said that it's been a pretty shitty year and left it at that. Well, he sent me another note asking why were things so bad. At that point I explained what had happened to Audrey and that it was horrifying. He has 2 kids, so I thought at some level he might relate. You know what he said?

"Wow, that's really terrible. But, you sound like there might be something else. What else could be so wrong in your life?"

Seriously? Because having your child die isn't enough to make you say you've had a shitty time? I know what he wanted. He wanted me to say that Jim and I were on the rocks. But to just brush over Audrey and ask what else?

I know I shouldn't expect anymore from him. His selfishness is one of the things that I grew to hate about him. Ugh. I never learn. When did I think that he might have become more human?

Asshole.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:34 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    What a freak. :(

     
  • At 10:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Not too good with words, is he? I am sorry about all the insensitive comments you get over Audrey's death. The lack of compassion people possess is truly disturbing.

     
  • At 11:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds like he was trying to set you up to say, "Oh you're right! There is something else...I still want you!"
    Wow, apparantly he was wrong in assuming you wouldn't see him for the jerk he was being!

     
  • At 9:09 PM , Blogger laura said...

    you should thank him for affirming your wisdom in dumping him.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home