Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Dr. Baby Maker

Appointment went fine. I stop taking the pill on Friday and wait for AF to start. Call him on day one and come in for blood work and a physical on day 3. He said that the actual IVF cycle won't start until October because all the blood work has to be sent to a main lab for the study and it take 2 weeks to process.

I would be upset about that except that my mom & dad live outside of New Orleans...On the wrong side of New Orleans for Katrina...Their house is likely gone along with everything they own. This time last year they were running from Ivan and I was losing Audrey. Dejavu...

It looks like the storm went right over their house, we have no idea what's left. I think the three of us are going to drive out there on the 16th and see if we can salvage anything. We'll pull a U-Haul and bring tons of water, some staples to eat and a few gas cans in case we cannot get gas. My dad works on a rig in the gulf and has to go back on the 21st. So, we'll get him to the heliport and mom & I will drag back whatever we can find. Hopefully, we'll get there, the house will be okay and we can secure it, grab the important stuff and head back. They can't stay there, it's going to be Christmas before they have power. Thankfully they have septic and well water, but the power runs the well, so no luck. I figure if we leave the 16th, we can plow through the drive, get there by the 18th, have 2 days to grab what we can and then dump dad at the heliport and drive back.

Wish us luck.

9 Comments:

  • At 2:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good news on the doc. Glad there's one bright spot there.

    HOLY SHIT about your parents!! I had NO IDEA they were that close!!!! Please tell me they have been with you!! Hugs to them and hoping they are able to salvage at least SOMETHING!

     
  • At 3:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh my gosh! I will be praying for your family...I had no idea that your parents lived there. :(

     
  • At 4:12 PM , Blogger lorem ipsum said...

    Just hoping for the best all around. xoxox

     
  • At 5:37 PM , Blogger Amy said...

    Good luck. I hope that you find everything OK when you get there. My aunt and uncle have most likely lost everything as well as my cousin and his wife and it is heartbreaking to think about.

     
  • At 7:23 PM , Blogger Catherine said...

    It's fascinating how Katrina hopped and skipped her way through town...one house gone, but the next standing perfectly as it had been. I hope your parents' house is one of those that still stands.

     
  • At 8:09 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    Keeping your family in my prayers. I hope somehow they managed to avoid the worst. My heart truely breaks for ALL the people in the path of the storm. ((((((((hugs))))))))

    Glad that your appointment went well. It's a step in the right direction.

     
  • At 11:30 PM , Blogger Anam Cara said...

    Wow, I hope your trip goes well and that your family doesn't have to suffer more than they already have. I feel so terrible for all those people who were in the path of Katrina's destruction. Lots of love.

     
  • At 4:38 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

    Oh my god! You poor things:( Such tragedy on top of everything else you are dealing with:(

    Wishing you and your family all the best for every situation that could do with some luck. Wow, it is just breathtaking, I'm so sorry.

     
  • At 6:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I really hope that your parents place was not destroyed and that you can retrieve most of their belongings. I am keeping you in my thoughts. Take Care

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home