Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Gracie Girl

The new Ben Folds CD has a song on it called Gracie that I am in love with. It's just such an amazing way to put into words what we feel about watching our kids grow up. Gracie constantly wants to hear "her song", we play it in the car all the time. Actually, the whole Saving Silverman CD is great. There are several songs I love, but this one takes the cake.

Gracie

You can’t fool me I saw you when you came out
You've got your mamma’s taste but you got my mouth
And you will always have a part of me
Nobody else is ever gonna see Gracie girl
With your cards to your chest
Walking on your toes
What you got in the box
Only Gracie knows
And I would never try to make you be
Anything you didn’t really want to be Gracie girl
Life flies by in seconds
You’re not a baby Gracie, you're my friend
You’ll be a lady soon
But until then
You gotta do what I say
Nodding off in my arms watching TV
I won’t move you an inch even though my arm’s asleep
One day you’re gonna want to go
I hope we taught you everything you need to know Gracie girl
And you will always have a part of me
Nobody else is ever going to see but you and me
A little girl My Gracie girl

2 Comments:

  • At 3:57 PM , Blogger laura said...

    excellent lyrics - no wonder you all love the song!

    how's the tumah?

     
  • At 5:00 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

    How wonderful to have a song all about your girl:) I think I may be slightly jealous! Still, I can sing it with my girls' names it it can't I?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home