Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Friday, July 22, 2005

A Funny Story to Lighten the Mood

Things have been pretty serious around here, so here's a little funny to lighten the mood. Well, funny unless you're my dog, in which case you might be pretty unhappy.

So yesterday I came home from an errand to find droplets of blood all over my patio. After lifting the dogs to see who had an issue, I discovered that one of them was bleeding...from his penis. No fun. So, I call the vet and we rush over.

An x-ray, surgery, several kidney stones and $960 later...Coalie came home.

Now, my poor husband was never allowed to have pets as a kid and never had them as an adult. The dogs we have were mine before we met. So I was a little worried about how he would react to the $960 part.

I call him and sheepsihly tell him the damage.

He replies...

"Well Honey, I'd like to think that if my penis was bleeding you'd get mine fixed too."

I'm still dying.

8 Comments:

  • At 6:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am still dying here!!! Tell him he's scored a kazillion bonus points in this pet-lover's book!

     
  • At 4:50 AM , Blogger Anam Cara said...

    that is hysterical! what a great response!

     
  • At 5:49 AM , Blogger laura said...

    what is it with penises? anyone that has one is always in sympathy with anyone (or thing) else that has one. it's like a union, or a fraternal order. the international brotherhood of penis-havers. when women are sympathetic with each other, it's not because we have vaginas, or at least, not for that reason alone.

    oh, wait - i forgot this thread was about lightening up. i'll climb off my soap box now.

     
  • At 7:33 AM , Blogger Catherine said...

    Oh my heck! That is hilarious! Thank you!

    And Laura...we might not obsess about the vagina thing...but we obsess about the baby thing...so that's good enough, isn't it?

     
  • At 6:05 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

    LOL!! Thank you for that:)

     
  • At 6:10 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    OMG that is HYSTERICAL!!!! Poor doggie!!! Glad you got him fixed!!!

     
  • At 8:03 PM , Blogger laura said...

    clearly, catherine, a number of us are baby-obsessed currently, and with good reason. but it's not the only topic with which we relate to each other.

    don't get me wrong - i'm not anti-penis. i loves me a good penis. up with penises! viva le penis! i just get cracked up at how seriously men take them.

     
  • At 11:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OMG! That is so funny! Sounds like something my DH would say!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home