Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Monday, July 11, 2005

My Mortality

Our accountant was here this weekend discussing life insurance with us. We have been trying to decide how to upgrade it and cover all of our bases. It's been an interesting process. We did all of our family trust and will stuff too. The whole thing has been very grounding.

I started bleeding on Saturday. I didn't think much of it because I had been on the pill for a week. I just figured that my body was trying to regain control. So, I called Dr. Baby Maker and he had me come in Sunday for an ultrasound and to see where my levels were. I figured maybe the cyst had gone away and I'd get to get this party started. No luck.

The damn thing has doubled in size. It's the size of a grapefruit right now. Well, as of yesterday. It's still producing pregnancy hormones, so it's screwing with me ovulating. The doc had another doc come take a look. I knew when he got really quiet that something wasn't right.

I have to go do an MRI this week. Dr. Baby Maker wants to remove it right away. He said he needs to see the MRI so he knows its real position and to get a better idea of what's inside. He thought initially it was blood clots, but now he doesn't know. He told me that he wants to have an oncologist with his for the surgery "just in case". Needless to say, we're a little freaked. I cried all the way home when I left his office. I'm still trying to get my head around it all.

I do the MRI on Thursday, so I guess I won't know much more until next week...

5 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Do what ifs ever freak you out? Like what if you hadn't lost Audrey, what if you hadn't been ttc, what if you hadn't "forced the issue" and demanded to see an RE... would you have found the cyst this early on?? No, not trying to spaz you out, just amazed.... like there's no way you could have found this any earlier, everything just came together.

    My thoughts, prayers, and snagria will be with you. I can't wait til you say it's all taken care of and we can get back to worrying about the "usual" stuff, like pretending your dh is hot. ;)

    MANY MANY HUGS coming your way!!!

     
  • At 10:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I second KB on all that!!!

     
  • At 11:21 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Ugh. I really hope this all works out. You have been through way too much for all of this.

     
  • At 12:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am very sorry that you've got even more on your plate now to try and swallow. I am rooting for you continuously.

     
  • At 7:02 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    You are in my thoughts and prayers. I just had another friend that had a cyst removed about a week ago. They also had an oncologist on site just in case, but it all worked out fine. Lots and lots of hugs coming your way.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home