Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The Wheels are Falling Off of the Wagon

Today has been total shit. I am so behind with work that I have spent the whole day playing catch up and it feels like every time I get a little bit ahead, the walls start crumbling again.

I have a big project I've been working on. It's one that got started right when Audrey was born. I had been sharing the management responsibilities with another rep who was supposed to be very knowledgeable and supportive. For months I thought he was. We divided the responsibilities in a way that didn't give me (or him) a full view of the project. He handled one side, while I handled another. I'd ask him questions and he would tell me it was handled and all is well.

This guy and I have gotten to be buddies and when my boss called and said that my buddy was underwater with some other projects, I gladly took on full responsibility for this one so he could get things worked out with his other deals. What I've found since I got it is that the thing is a freaking disaster. I have contractors who are pissed and a customer who knows it. I have guys who won't come and finish the job and I just don't know how to fix it. It will take more money that is not really in the budget for sure. And since I get paid based on the margin I'm pretty pissed that this guy blew it and his mistakes are eating into my pocketbook.

I need to call my boss and explain what's up because I need his help to fix it. I hate that. I hate that I can't fix this without involving him and I hate worse that I can't fix it without throwing my "buddy" under the bus.

I have been getting my ass chewed by various people all day and I'm just sick to death of it. I'm tired of getting my ass chewed because someone else fucked up. I'm tired of making excuses for him and I'm tired of explaining myself.

I'm just done. I can't deal with this shit right now!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:57 PM , Blogger Anam Cara said...

    I am so sorry MB. I've been in similar situations in my past working life and I know how much it sucks. But having to deal with that AND everything else on your plate at the moment must be incredibly hard. Like you said, you really DON'T need this shit in your life right now. So whoever up there is listening, could you please help out in some way??????? LOL and (((hugs)))

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home