Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Met with the Oncologist...

You know, when you deal with sick, like really sick, people, you'd think it would make you more sensitive and nice to your patients. Nope, the oncologist was mean and had an ego the size of a house. I hated her. I hate her.

The surgery is scheduled for August 16. She doesn't anticipate finding a malignancy, but they have no idea what this thing really is or how invasive it really is. They think it's wrapped around my ovary and chances are fair that I won't leave the OR with that part of my body... I know it's not a leg or arm and that I can still get pregnant with one ovary, but hey, I'd like to leave the world with all the parts I came in with. Well, except my tonsils, I lost those years ago. Do they really count anyway?

My doc is trying to get the surgery moved up. He wasn't keen to the idea of letting this thing get bigger for two more weeks, so we'll see if that date changes.

7 Comments:

  • At 7:09 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

    Oh Michelle...I wish there were words, but all I can think is that 99% of the crappy luck in the word is visited upon 1% of the population.

    It also makes my blood boil when medical professionals forget that compassion is possibly the greatest power they have in healing their patients.

    Sending you warm wishes and I hope this surgery happens sooner rather than later and has the best possible outcome.

     
  • At 4:02 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    This just sucks. I hope that everything goes okay and your remaining ovary will be a super-functioning genius ovary.

     
  • At 7:00 AM , Blogger Catherine said...

    Doctors are not my favorite people lately, so I can understand somewhat. I hope you're able to get through this and then dump her. Nobody needs to deal with that extra irritation when they're facing a medical issue.

    I hope it all goes well. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get to keep all your pieces parts.

     
  • At 7:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    She's a dork. Don't worry, let her look at lumpy and then we'll hunt her down and teach her about nice bedside manners. ;)

     
  • At 6:43 AM , Blogger lorem ipsum said...

    I just know people like that are the ones who wrote in their high school yearbooks under 'Ambition' the goal of 'To be rich.' Never mind how. They just want to be rich and powerful. And doesn't oncology really deal with destroying things that are trying to destroy you?

    Any chance you can get a second opinion?

     
  • At 2:49 PM , Blogger laura said...

    for what it's worth, i'm still telekinetically transmitting laser beams set on "destroy" to that thing!

     
  • At 4:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, honey, I am just now checking in after my long internet hiatus and I couldn't believe the news. I am so sorry that you are going through this. How freaking unfair can life get! How much can one (incredibly wonderful and only deserving of good things, dammit!) person go through. Argh.

    Many hugs.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home