Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

How Dry I Am...

Went on a little bender last night. B and C came over with the girls and we grilled and drank many, many margaritas with the little floater of Grand Mariner. Yummy. They were really tall glasses and I had a lot of them. It was great. It went to bed with that feeling of not remembering why I was so stressed out at the beginning of the evening.

At one point Jim was trying to be very intellectual, discussing his college days and made mention of their mascot...he went to Carolina...the mascot is a gamecock. The rest of us were lit enough that we just started dying yelling "Jim said cock, Jim said cock..." I don't really know why that was so funny now. Maybe because my poor husband is such a nerd or because of the margaritas. Ahhh, everything's funnier after a little booze!

So, the house was pretty destroyed this morning. The recycle bin is full of empty liquor and beer bottles. There were empty drink glasses everywhere. I just noticed that the patio is destoyed too. More glasses there. How many people did we have over? Sheesh. You'd think it was some sort of high school party when mom & dad were out of town!

B had little K with her. Around 9, it was clear no one was driving, but K needed bed. I cleaned out Audrey's crib and had B put her down in there. We had a good cry while she insisted we not put her there and I insisted she did. It seemed silly to risk putting her on a bed when there is a perfectly useful and ready to go crib here. My heart did break a little. B's did too. It was much harder to put all of Audrey's things back in this morning than it was to take them out last night. Maybe because taking them out meant there was actually a little person sleeping in there rather than putting Audrey's ashes back in there this morning.

I guess the morning after is always harder...

7 Comments:

  • At 3:19 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

    I'm giggling about Jim's cock.

    I'm choking back tears about the crib.

    Sounds like a wonderful night:)

     
  • At 5:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OK, I'm jealous, and laughing my butt off picturing you all drinking. I am SOOOO planning a trip when I can drink! :) Bringing Anissa with me too...

    Hugs to you about the crib.... I bet Audrey didn't mind.

     
  • At 6:59 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    ((((((((hugs)))))))) I am so sure Audrey didn't mind sharing her bed, but I so wish it just wasn't an issue.

    lol about the Cocks!! I am from SC and dh has a Carolina hat, and of course it's the one that just says "cocks" on it. hahahaha.

     
  • At 1:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Um, okay...I must not have gotten my invitation...was it lost in the mail? Because I am sure you sent it. Darn! Sounds like a good time was had by all. Lucky!

    You touched my heart by sharing the crib story. Audrey is smiling down on you right now because of your thoughtfulness. :)

     
  • At 12:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm happy that you had some fun! I sure wish you would have drank in high school, LOL!! And even though sharing Audrey's crib may have been sad, I think it may have been a little theraputic for you too-maybe the alcohol made you dive right into something that would have otherwise been scary. It sounds like you have a good friend there with B, and I'm so glad.

     
  • At 12:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I just read that and I should have said "drank with ME in high school" not just "drank in high school". I didn't mean to make it seem like you were a total wet blanket...sorry hehehhehehe

     
  • At 6:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Michelle. So nice to hear that you had a good time and sort of 'forgot' about how much stress you and DH are under, at least for a little while. (I laughed out loud when I read, Jim said cock, Jim said cock!!) I think there are lots of us who need a Jim said cock night more often!!! Take care honey, Love and big hugs, Sharon

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home