Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Finally, we catch a break

Well, we caught two actually.

One, the tumah, was totally benign. We knew that, but it was nice that the labs came back to confirm it. We are quite happy.

Two, well, I guess it could be three, but there was one piece of bad news, so 3 minus 1 is 2... The stitches that I thought looked nasty, the doc pronounced as okay. I have to go back in a week for a re-check, but he says they look good. As he explained all of that and showed us pictures from the surgery, he revealed that as they were working, they found I have endometriosis. They lasered off what they could find, but he thinks it's been part of our issue. I guess I'm one of the 20% who has it and has relatively few symptoms. As he explained it, he said that it didn't make us such great candidates for IUI as before, so he thought we should consider IVF. My heart sank.

UNTIL, he followed it with the news that the clinic has been made part of a study testing the differences between progesterone injections and vaginal suppositories. The drug company sponsoring it is paying for all the drugs (which I already have, but if it doesn't work, we can use next time, but I really hope I can toss) as well as the IVF treatment costs for the clinic. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!??? Dr. Baby Maker asked us to participate in the study so we could get the free round!!! Oh-My-God.

It's all totally the same except that I will get the vaginal progesterone instead of the injection. I am so totally stoked. Jim nearly hit the floor when Dr. BM asked us. I wanted to kiss him...The doctor, not Jim. We have to get the all clear on the post op next week and then I will go off the pill and wait for my period. I can hardly believe it. This kind of stuff doesn't happen to me.

I am so happy.

14 Comments:

  • At 9:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    CONGRATS to you and Jim!

     
  • At 12:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    WOW that is great news!! I knew some good news was bound to happen soon! Congratulations :)

     
  • At 5:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That’s great news! (well all except finding endo) Its great to hear that you are getting closer to getting pregnant.

     
  • At 6:36 AM , Blogger Julie said...

    That is AWESOME news!! You deserve something good for a change!! Hope this is just the first in a long string of good for you guys!

     
  • At 7:11 AM , Blogger lorem ipsum said...

    That is just one terrific thing after another! I hope your tide finally is turning. :-)

     
  • At 7:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, that is GREAT news! I'm so happy for you!

     
  • At 8:45 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    That is so great...finally some good news for you!

     
  • At 10:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is great news that your cost will be covered. Maybe you will get twins :0)

     
  • At 6:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    SEE????? I told you it was just the start of good things to come!!!! That is SO AWESOME, you've totally made my day!!!!!

    Honestly, I can't decide if the endo sucks or not. I mean, it does, but at least it's yet another answer as to WHY getting pg was taking so long. Regardless, that is incredible news!!!

    Just remember this when I'm drinking and you're huge with triplets.... hee hee hee

     
  • At 7:58 AM , Blogger Catherine said...

    That is great news all around! I can't wait to read all about it. :o)

     
  • At 2:50 PM , Blogger laura said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:52 PM , Blogger laura said...

    my comment flipped out on me...as i was saying, i am BOWLED OVER by all of your wonderful, wonderful news! you totally deserve such good things! i want to do a major happy dance for you!

    here's to these good things being just the beginning of many, many more!!!

     
  • At 3:09 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

    YESSSSSSSS! Fabulous news! It is so incredibly good to see that things can go better than right, they can go fantastically! Well done and good luck with the twins;)

     
  • At 8:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am so happy for you! That is so great that you will get it done for free, how wonderful! I am praying for you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home