Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Phoenix

We might be moving. Jim has interviewed with a company located in Phoenix and I think he has a super shot at it. I'm not thrilled about moving to yet another boring desert city. I'm really more into green hills and trees than cacti and joshua trees.

I haven't spent much time in Phoenix. My dealings there have been for work and involve a quick trip from the airport to a really seedy side of town to a factory. My opinion based on those experiences is not favorable. I have been told that there are really pretty parts and that I should keep an open mind, so I'm trying. I have one friend who says it's nicer than Vegas. I hope she's right.

I was (am) shocked how expensive it is there. Things here have skyrocketed and I think are really overpriced (real estate). To my shock, they are more expensive in Phoenix. Why is that? Maybe it is better.

I told Jim if we moved it was going to be the sort that involved me not working anymore, so he better make sure he had his bases covered when they talked salary. He'd be an officer at this company, so I'm sure the money will be better, but we'll have to see how that balances out with the cost of living.

I think I'm ready to go. The the part about not working would be worth it me. Here's hoping...

6 Comments:

  • At 5:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Tulsa would be a much better choice than Phoenix, ya know!

     
  • At 6:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I was just wondering about your IVF. I know you start the process in October but, will you actually be getting embryos implanted in October? Also that would be really great if you get to stop working if you move to Phoenix. I will keep my fingers crossed for ya.

     
  • At 3:16 PM , Blogger laura said...

    hoping it will all work out for the best for you!

    the only drawback of phoenix is that it's hot as hell, but then it can't be worse than vegas, right?

     
  • At 6:53 AM , Blogger Catherine said...

    I told Jim if we moved it was going to be the sort that involved me not working anymore, so he better make sure he had his bases covered when they talked salary.

    Good for you! That would be GREAT!

     
  • At 8:40 AM , Blogger Anam Cara said...

    I am glad you seem positive about the move, and that would be great if you didn't have to work there! I wish I could take that "big step" because I am feeling increasingly unhappy and "stuck" here. Good luck in making the decision!

     
  • At 3:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Come to California! Live next door to ME! LOL!

    I have heard great things about Phoenix. I know it's hot, but you live in hot right now so it won't be too bad.

    Keep us posted on what happens with Jim's job.

    Love ya!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home