Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Day 1, first Lupron injection

Well, I did it. I've been shot. Got my first one this morning. WOOHOO!

You know, I started thinking that I've been so caught up in the end result that I haven't asked very many questions about what exactly we are doing to get there. I mean, I know there are injections involved and there will be exams and ultrasounds. I know the basics, but I don't really know what Lupron does, for instance. Strange huh? Stranger that I don't really care?

Friday is my trial transfer and the beginning of the other meds (not really sure what they do either).

C'mon Friday.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Couple of years ago, I was put on Lupron to treat endometriosis. Though it's a bit different than for IVF purposes, Lupron basically shuts down your pituitary gland that produces hormones (e.g. FSH) to stimulate egg production in the ovaries. You will artifically give yourself those egg stimulating hormones with the other shots that are to follow. By shutting down the pituitary first,however, the body is able to grow many more than just one egg. Not sure, if I am making sense, I just talked to my doctor about doing IVF last week (and may not remember everything right). Good luck!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home