Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Scott? Is that you?

I leave tomorrow for a company trip to Northern California. For those of you who don't know, I'm a general contractor, I work for a company with offices all over the western states. Tomorrow we head off for a three-day tour of some of our most recent projects. The most notable of which is at San Quentin. Yep, that San Quentin. Home of Richard Ramirez (the Night Stalker of the 80's), Sirhan-Sirhan and most recently...Scott Peterson. Would you all like me to send anyone your well wishes? I would like a glimpse of Scott. I'd like to tell him he's a baby killer and he should rot in hell.

Could my life BE ANY MORE EXCITING??

So, my poor daughter will have to be subjected to another few days with only her father to care for her. It will mean late nights because he won't make her go to bed at her usual bedtime, fast food and wearing whatever hodge-podge of clothes he picks out of the closet. I think I'm going to try and help out with the clothes by putting her clothes out, but there's really not a lot I can do about the rest. Poor kid. Jim's a pretty great guy, but left alone with the kids he is useless.

I'm starting to get anxious about the upcoming IVF cycle. The baby fever has set in again. I have managed to keep it at bay knowing that it was a ways off yet, but now we are in October and I can hardly contain myself. Please, please, please let it work. I'm starting to get those "I really need this" feelings again.

I'm daydreaming about that baby smell and the little clothes. Even the occasional stinky diaper doesn't have the aversion it should. I'm ready for all of it. Let's go. NOW!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Snort! That is so funny! When you said DH is useless when he is alone! My DH is the same...not only are my girls subject to the hodge podge clothes, but also what I like to call "dad hair" which is where he takes any old rubberband and puts int anyplace he can find on their heads! LOL! My girls end up looking like Deb from Napoleon Dynamite! LOL!

    Have a good trip and give ol' Scotty a swift kick in the balls from me, will ya?

     
  • At 7:59 PM , Blogger lorem ipsum said...

    Please take Mr. Peterson swimming. I hear San Francisco Bay is beautiful this time of year, and sharks so hungry! You can wait on shore.

     
  • At 9:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi!! I hope your trip went well. I got bored at work tonight and was goofing around on my break on the internet. The only way I could get to your blog was to translate it from French to English through Alta Vista, and I think you would be amazed at the changes it makes to your blog!! It makes no sense!!


    For example:
    "Our Journey Back from the Bread" is the name of your blog
    and also:
    I' d like to tell him he's has baby killer and he should belch in hell.

    I think I will just stick to looking you up at home, otherwise I may get quite confused!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home