Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Life Update

Gracie has her very first ear infection. She's been such a trooper. I had to go to California for the weekend to take care of a sick friend and Gracie was amazing. Helped me clean and do laundry like it was going to Disneyland or something. It was just so cool.

I thought I felt a bladder infection coming on before we left on Friday and I tried to make it go away with over-the-counter stuff and by drowning myself in water and cranberry juice to no avail. By Sunday I wasn't sure how I'd make the 4 hour drive home if I had to stop and pee every 20 minutes (or less). I made Jim go talk to our neighbor who is an ER doc at the hospital near us. I had him ask if she knew who was on duty and if I could just sneak in real quick hoping that she'd offer to just call something in. I am grateful to report that she called in an antibiotic for me. I could just kiss her. But, she'll have to settle for the steak and wine I promised at dinner on Saturday. I can't even tell you how grateful I was (am) to not have to spend any time in the doctor's office or pee in a cup and wait when I KNOW what the problem is. I'm happy to say that I am already on the mend. Gotta love modern medicine.

Trying to stay positive about Jim's career future. He's trying to get some irons in the fire and the severance agreement is about done. We'll be okay until December, but if it takes longer than that, we'll have to get into our savings. I should be grateful we've got that long, but I'm really just pissed we're dealing with this at all. I guess the upside is that if he's lucky enough to find something sooner than later, the severance is just extra cash. I'm trying to look at this as the "break" I've been begging for. It's an opportunity for him to be happy with his job and an opportunity for us to replace some of the money we spent on fertility stuff. I hope, I hope.

On TTC, it's CD 26, 6 DPO. Nothing more to really report on that subject. I'm really not very hopeful.

Oh, and Meredith C, I'm so sorry you are one of the commenters affected by my no anonymous commenters rule, truly. I hope you understand. I left my e-mail address for you in your guestbook at TLOL. :( On the upside, maybe this means I'll get an e-mail from you now and then!!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:12 PM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    OMG, I felt a bladdar infection coming on last night as well. It was actually 2:30AM! I called the doctor's on-call service, and then called back quickly--yah!! However, the CNP wanted me to drink lots of water and cranberry juice and come in in the morning. I said to her nicely,"I have two small boys. Is it possible to have you call-in an antio-biotic and I promise, promise I will come in when I'm done with it for a urinalysis? Luckily, she agreed. Bad thing is that she told me she was perscribing Macrodantin for 10-14 days, and the bottle only says 5. I have never taken an antibiotic for only 5 days, have you? I have suffered from these effin' UTIs since my teens. Hate them, don't you! Question: Do you feel better right away after you start taking the meds. or does it take a few days to be back to normal?

    I'm so sorry about your hubby's job. Hopefully, he'll be able to find one that he likes a whole lot better, and soon, and that severance really will end up being put back into your savings!!! Good luck!

     
  • At 5:00 PM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    Thanks for your comments on my blog. I hate bladder infections too! I have Ditropan XL that I take every day to calm bladder spasms; I also have a frickin' urologist because I have interstitial cystitis. BAsically, when I have a flare up, not taking meds., it feels like I have a bladder infection but I don't have any of the bacteria. Fun stuff, I tell you! My doc. also gave me valium for the bad times. I took both yesterday, but still felt a little off. Ugh!
    You know I was on Macrobid my whole pregnancy, one pill a day because I had strep B in my urine. I actually got an infection just prior to starting my IVF and they gave me Cipro for 3 days. Didn't work. Then Amoxicillin because I was doing IVF, didn't work. Then I felt fine, but my OB found bacteria in my urine still, so it was Macrobid for my entire pregnancy, so I'm wondering if this stuff will even work now. I told my husband I wanted to turn in my girl card; I am so sick of all this crap that we have to deal with!

    Anyway, thanks very much for responding. I appreciate it!!!

     
  • At 5:35 AM , Blogger pithydithy said...

    Looky what I did

     
  • At 6:15 PM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    Looks like my bacteria are now resistant to Macrobid too. On Leviquin now. Hope it works soon.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home