Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Protocol

On the consult...

I've been on BCP for 3 weeks and will continue until the 15th. Get period and then will start clomid on day 5, Gonal F and Menopur after that. Don't know when I'll get the Antagon, but it sounds like they are waiting to see if it's going to be necessary.

Retrieval is tenetative for around the 25th-30th. Transfer possibly around the 3rd assuming he doesn't freeze everything and transfer later if my estrogen levels are high again. He is speculating that the ectopic last year could have happened because of a cranky ute. Cranky ute can be a result of high estrogen.

So, we play all that a little by ear. I won't lie and say that I wouldn't be bummed if we had to transfer down the road. With the move and all it could get even more complicated.

Eh, we'll have to see. If the result is potentially better, then I guess it's all worth it.

Right?

5 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM , Blogger Catherine said...

    right? you're not convinced?

     
  • At 1:37 PM , Blogger MB said...

    I don't know. I suppose I should be, but it's all a little surreal still.

    It's funny though. Last time, my whole life revolved around this process. This time, I just don't have time for that. Maybe that's better.

    Right?

     
  • At 6:08 PM , Blogger lorem ipsum said...

    So you're taking Clomid AND Menopur the same cycle, or only Menopur if the Clomid doesn't work out?

    Anyway--my heart goes out to you. You and your eggs are all over the place these days. I hope they find their way to a happy baby home.

     
  • At 2:39 PM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    Do you think you have enough on your plate--wow! I only took Antagon for 3 days when they wanted to slow the growth of my follies. It was a very easy shot to give.
    Boy do I hope that everything lines up for you, and that you finally get the result you've been wanting for a very long time!

     
  • At 4:46 PM , Blogger KB said...

    Right.

    At least until you're up all night with a newborn and telling me how tired you are. ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home