Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Friday, October 13, 2006

You know, cuz we needed this too...

I don't remember if I mentioned this or not, but Jim decided a couple of weeks ago that in between getting our house ready to sell, starting our IVF cycle, buying the new house and getting him ready to start this job, that we had time to have his 4 - 21 year-old nephews come visit. For four days.

You know, because we not only have that kind of time, but that kind of money (We paid for their airfare and have been buying food. No small feat I tell ya...). Oh and our house is officially on the market and their shit is everywhere. but, Jim was just so excited that they wanted to visit that he lost his head and said "SURE!" when they asked.

I like them. I do. They are great kids. Really. But the timing just sucks ass.

It gets better.

One of them called on his way in and asked if he could see a doctor while he's here because he has a huge boil on his crack that needed to be lanced. Huge? How about the size of a golfball. So icky. Jim spent the morning at the doctor with him getting that taken care of...

It gets better than that.

They went down to the Strip last night and took our car. You know, the one that was supposed to go on a transport truck next week to go to Pennsylvania for Jim to drive while he's there...

Yeah, that one.

They wrecked it last night.

Nice, huh?

And it's not really their fault. They got lost. Ended up hitting a ginormous pot hole (so they say) and blew out both passenger side tires, probably ruined both wheels and likely screwed the suspension on that side.

Did I mention I'm tired? Oh, and broke.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM , Blogger kate said...

    FOUR 21-year old kids in Vegas?!? For 4 days? Oh boy...

    Ok, i guess you will be lucky if the car is the worst thing that happens!

     
  • At 3:06 PM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    OMG! I don't know what to say! Except that the time is definitely bad! You have got to be totally stressed out! When I get really stressed out, my husband and I say,"Serenity now, Serenity now.", from the old Seinfeld episode. I know it sounds stupid, but it works. Sometimes, I even laugh, so there you go.

     
  • At 4:41 PM , Blogger Kathy McC said...

    Oh.my.god. Yikes. God speed...

     
  • At 4:53 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

    Jeez Louise! Fingers crossed they win some cash to pay for your car, a house cleaner and a pina colada for you! You poor, poor thing...

     
  • At 3:27 AM , Blogger Rosepetal said...

    This is the point where I would be yelling at my husband for having said yes to the visit. Correction, this is past the point where I would be yelling at my husband. So I consider you a saint for not doing that :)

     
  • At 2:32 PM , Blogger kati said...

    I'd be a wreck, seriously. But I'm not a spring chicken anymore, unlike yourself...

     
  • At 5:24 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    That sucks!!!! I hope things get better soon. Like you need all that on top of everything else!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home