Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Three

First, thanks for making me feel less lame about the freeze/re-freeze thing. Phew.

Now...

Just back from Vegas. We ended up waiting to transfer on Saturday. So, we blew a day with some friends and got to enjoy the wonderful Vegas eateries for an extra day/night.

Well, by the time we flew out on Thursday there were 5 embryos still growing. By Friday there were four. By Saturday there were 2 grade 1 blasts and 2 that was still compacting/cavitating (stage before blast). Saturday we decided to transfer three. We transferred the two blasts and the better of the two that were a little behind.

Pretty unusual for this clinic to transfer three. I could tell Dr. BM was doing it for me and because I pressed him. Last time we had the same issue, we were left with one that we froze and it ended up being a big waste of time. At least he caved and transferred all three.

So, that's it. Now we wait. That wonderful time when the loads of progesterone and estrogen that I am swallowing/injecting/inserting/wearing start to make me have symptoms that mimic pregnancy symptoms, but are likely just the result of all the drugs.

So, I rested Saturday and Sunday. We have wonderful friends who let me crash on their sofa while they brought me everything. We had filet on Saturday and S even cut my meat. That's love right there...

First Beta is February 6.

God help me.

9 Comments:

  • At 8:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Sending you tons of light, and a even more loads of sticky babydust!!

    C.

     
  • At 8:35 PM , Blogger KB said...

    Well it's about bloody time you showed back up here! Promise to update "tomorrow" and it takes you a week!!

    All I'm gonna say is three boys. hahahahaha ;)+

     
  • At 3:20 AM , Blogger pithydithy said...

    February 6. I'm counting down....

    In the meantime, lots of hugs as you endure the agony of the wait!

     
  • At 4:50 AM , Blogger Kathy McC said...

    I am thinking lots of great and successful thoughts for you and I hope that the wait goes very fast.

     
  • At 4:54 AM , Blogger SWH said...

    Thanks for the update... I've been checking way too often! :)

    Three sounds like a good number to transfer. I'll be hoping for great numbers on the 6th.

     
  • At 5:46 AM , Blogger Lisa P. said...

    Thinking as many good thoughts for you as I can!

     
  • At 12:32 PM , Blogger Amy said...

    Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!

     
  • At 8:10 AM , Blogger kate said...

    thinking of you and sending lots of sticky vibes!!

     
  • At 7:24 AM , Blogger JMB said...

    Here's hoping for a happy day in a week.

    I understand the crappiness that is LP support. The progesterone alone makes you feel like crap, and gets your brain thinking. I'll be thinking of you in the trenches!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home