Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Enter Profanity

Well, my transfer's probably about to get cancelled. Ultrasound today showed fluid collection in my uterus. Again. It did this last cycle and was part of the reason we just did the retrieval and didn't transfer. Then, it was okay, worked out because of the move. This time? Not so much.

WTF? Why can't my body just freaking cooperate already?

Dr. M the PA doctor, we'll call him Dr. Patronizing, was really weird about the whole thing. I was asking questions because, well, I've done this before. He basically answered none of them except to say something along the lines of he'd relay the info to Dr. BM and wait to be told what was next. I know he's just the guy who's supposed to be watching things from here. I know he's not "my doctor", but c'mon. Help a girl out.

He finally did say they may be able to aspirate it, and he'd relay that to Dr. BM and see what he said. Boy, that sure does sound fun.

So, okay, we may or may not have to cancel the transfer, but it also begs the question...WTF? WHY? What NOW? Why is my body suddenly so screwed up?

AND...why do doctors take forever to call back when they know you are waiting on them to call?

**Update**

Dr. BM called and said there is no reason for panic...yet. He said fluid can resolve on its own when the progesterone starts. He changed my protocol a bit and added the estrogen patches and is having me insert estrogen tabs vaginally instead of taking them orally.

Fun.

He didn't seem too keen on what the doc here had to say and said that he needed to see the ultrasound pics himself in order to say whether or not what I was told was even accuarate.

Great.

So much for tranferring any remaining embryos to this clinic...

6 Comments:

  • At 1:13 PM , Blogger Amy said...

    Sorry to hear that things are not going smoothly for you. I am thinking of you and hoping all works out. Hang in there!

     
  • At 3:05 PM , Blogger SWH said...

    Ugh... I wish this would go smoothly for you... it's time for something to just work without added stress and worry.

     
  • At 7:51 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

    oh, for a quiet life. i hope dr bm has good news for you. dealing with twits never gets any rasier though, does it?

     
  • At 10:29 PM , Blogger Anam Cara said...

    I'm so sorry Michelle.

    And re your previous post about Gracie really missing her sister - I get that from Caitlin a lot now too. It is just heartbreaking.

     
  • At 8:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Sending you lots of love and light.
    Hope things work out :)

    C.

     
  • At 1:04 PM , Blogger kate said...

    I'm sorry things are not going smoothly...do you have another update yet? Hoping it all works out...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home