Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Dilemma

First, Happy New Year!

Now... the hard stuff.

Our transfer date is January 26. Gracie's birthday is the 27th. I'll be stuck on my back. I already knew there wouldn't be a party this year. No, friends here yet. But, now we'll be in Vegas. But, I still won't get to do anything. Not only that, but we'll be staying with friends and I always get stressed about chasing after Gracie because their house is perfect and I'm afraid she'll break something.

Daddy's going to take her to Chuch E. Sneeze the weekend before we go. Would it be bad of me to trick her into thinking her birthday is then too? I mean, then I could be involved...she won't know the difference...

Here's where it gets worse...

We're having a hard time finding someone to take care of the dogs. Can't leave them outside and they have to be let out during the day. I abhor kennels. My mom is comeing the weke before. Would it be bad of me to ask her to stay with the dogs? Worse, would it be bad of me to ask her to stay with Gracie? Then I wouldn't even be in the same state for her birthday.

Am I a terrible mother? Help.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM , Blogger Amy said...

    IMO I don't think it would be a bad thing to have the birthday celebration ahead of time. She gets to have her little party at the pizza place and you are able to enjoy it with her. I think that is more important than being there on the actual day. And as far as leaving your mom at home with the dogs and Gracie, I think it is a great idea if she is able to. It would allow you to concentrate on what is important -- the transfer and your health. And you wouldn't have to worry about taking care of Gracie or the dogs. It does not make you a bad mom to ask for help. It makes you a good mom. Besides your mom may enjoy having the one on one time with her grandbaby.

     
  • At 7:45 PM , Blogger KB said...

    Ummmm...... your mother would probably be mad if you DIDN'T ask her!! Now I don't know why you don't like kennels, but lemme tell you, my trio LOVES the kennel. Matter of fact, they just came back from a nice 2.5 week stay there happy as can be. They can bark their fool heads off and nobody yells at them.... ;)

    Bring 'em all here. They can stay with me... G included. :)

     
  • At 12:09 PM , Blogger Gayle said...

    I think it would be fine to celebrate early. She won't know its not her actual birthday, and you'll get to be part of the festivities.
    Ask your mom to stay with her and the dogs. You'll be a lot less stressed.

     
  • At 1:45 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

    Isn't this what parenthood's all about? A best-fit solution that keeps most people mostly happy? You've waited a long time for this transfer and Gracie has made her own sacrifices for you to get there. It'd be a shame to jeopardize your success by running around like a mad chook when you should be taking it easy.

    Everyone will survive with your plan and chances are you'll totally overcompensate for Gracie and she'll have a blast and be spoiled rotten!

     
  • At 7:09 AM , Blogger kate said...

    I would celebrate her b-day ahead and not think twice about it -- it will be alot better for you and she won't know any difference. Heck, Alexander didn't figure out what day his b-day was until he was like 10 or something. And yeah, ask your mom to stay with her. I am sure they will have a good time together, and you can concentrate on the business at hand and not worry so much about her.

    Ah, that pesky mommy guilt though!

     
  • At 12:01 PM , Blogger AJW5403 said...

    I am coming out of the wood work since I don't know if your e-mail is still the same since the move. But I wanted to pop in and wish you the best of luck with the transfer that is coming up. You and your family are in my thoughts.

    Glad the move is all done and now you can get settled in. I know wrong post but the snow looks cold.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home