Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What to say...

No idea what to say at the moment, but I feel like I should put something out there.

Things are still nutty. Shocking, I know.

My last day of work is Friday (!). I amost can't believe it. I have so much to do next week. We leave for my Aunt's for Thanksgiving on the 20th. Off to lovely Minnesota for Thanksgiving. When she called the other day it was 9 degrees. Yes, I said nine. WTF was I thinking?

Jim is going to his brother's house in Chicago for the holiday. It's typical for Thanksgiving that he goes with his mom. You know, because she's a whiny bitch and because I try to be the bigger person and give in now and then. Besides, the alternative is that we both go and that ain't happening. I've had my visit with her for the year and we all know how that went.

We get back on the 28th and the moving truck comes on the 5th. We drive to PA starting the 9th and it will no doubt take us forever. I think like 6 days. In the car. With a kid. And a dog.

Pray for me.

As soon as we get to the new house and get (somewhat) settled, Gracie and I are driving to my mom's for Christmas. You know, cuz I'm smart like that. Nothing like a 2 day drive on the heels of a 6 day drive.

Why am I so stupid?

4 Comments:

  • At 3:05 PM , Blogger JMB said...

    Ummm, where in Minnesota was it 9 degrees? The worst that I had heard lately was in the teens overnight. BTW, it's 76 today...good grief, it's freakin' NOVEMBER!!

     
  • At 9:42 PM , Blogger Laura said...

    But just think how AWESOME your new house is!!

     
  • At 7:20 AM , Blogger Anam Cara said...

    My head is spinning just thinking about your schedule for the next month. Wow. Wishing you lots of patience and luck, and safe journeys. (((hugs))) (ps - glad you don't have to spend Thanksgiving with your wretched MIL)

     
  • At 1:07 PM , Blogger SWH said...

    Happy last day of work tomorrow!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home