Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Baseline

I have been worried for the last two days that my period hadn't started and my lining would be all f-ed up and the cycle would then get f-ed up. I got to the RE this morning and was all prepared to deal with whatever no period meant. That's when the cramps started and I began to get hopeful that the old ute was just getting a late start.

Got undressed to wait for the doc and sit my bare ass on the table. Talk to Jim for a few minutes and realize I'm getting wet. Yup, started on the fricking table. Nice, huh? I tried to keep it cool so as not to gross out my poor husband (who incidentally, had already almost fainted when they drew a measily two vials of blood...weenie boy).

Nurse comes in followed by a new doc. A female doc. I have no problem with that, but it would have been nice to be prepared. We'll call her Dr. Cutie Pie from here on out... Anyway, so she gets the wand out and asks if I started my period. Um yes, just now. Shoves it in and realizes that there's not enough goo and has to pull it out and redo the contraption. Which was, you know pretty with all the blood. Jim turned white.

So, drumroll...

Everything looks great. 8 follicles on the right and 5 on the left. Way better that what we started with last time. I'm very relieved. Blood work was good too, so I start stims tonight. 150 units of Gonal F, 3 of Menopur and 100 mg of Clomid. Yow.

In a few days, you can just call me pizza face. Anyone have any magic acne cures? I already use Proactiv, but I'm thinking that I may need an addition to my arsenal.

Here we go...

8 Comments:

  • At 5:14 PM , Blogger Kathy McC said...

    Wow. And I thought my ass sweat was bad enough on those tables...

    If you find any cures for the acne, let me know. My face is a mess too.

    Wishing you the best!

     
  • At 9:05 PM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    UH! Hated the whole wand! I hated it even more when I had my period. How funny it was that Jim was there to 'witness' it!

    All sounds good; I'll definitely think positive thoughts or whatever else you'd like.

    Hey, Proactive never worked for me, so if someone out there can give advice on another product, I'd LOVE to hear it. Hormones always mess with my face!

     
  • At 10:40 PM , Blogger kate said...

    Very good! Sending lots of positive vibes!!

    Good luck with the acne -- post it if you find a magic cure!

     
  • At 5:07 AM , Blogger pithydithy said...

    On the table?! You poor girl. I am so incredibly hopeful for this cycle for you-- as I was reading your entry I just had a very good feeling about it all....

     
  • At 12:00 PM , Blogger Anam Cara said...

    Wishing you the best of luck Michelle. I want this to happen for you so badly. sending (((hugs)))

     
  • At 6:09 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

    Fingers crossed that the unfortunate timing of your period is a bit like the whole 'break a leg thing'. May it be the ONLY shitty timing this month. Really hoping hard for you ((hugs))

     
  • At 5:41 PM , Blogger Amy said...

    Wishing you all the best with everything. Sounds like things are off to a good start with the exception of the bad timing of AF's arrival.

     
  • At 8:18 PM , Blogger kati said...

    this sounds like a promising beginning! Best of luck.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home