Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Moving on Up, to the East Coast...Now with a pictures

Funny, I thought Minnesota would be cold for Thanksgiving. Not so much. Lowest we saw was the day before we left and before that temperatures hovered in the 50's. In my infinite wisdom, I shipped the cold weather things I brought on that trip directly to Pennsylvania so I didn't have to lug it back to Vegas only to lug it to PA in a week.

Real Smart.

It was 38 here today at noon. Low of 26 tonight. Cold. IT'S VEGAS PEOPLE! What gives?

Did I mention that I shipped our warm clothes? Right. So, anyway...

Thanksgiving was nice. We had ham. I missed the turkey. Seemed wrong for Turkey Day to not have turkey. Company was great. My Aunt is a blast. Gracie loved the attention and the dogs. THE DOGS! Two bull mastiffs. Four-hundred+ pounds of dog (divided by two, but still!)! They are such babies. What fun Gracie had with all that. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them off the camera.

The move drama has begun. Jim won't be coming home again from PA, so it's all on me. I have a 5 page list, and one would think I'd be freaking the hell out. Not really. I'm relieved. No Jim to fight about what hits the trash and doesn't make the move. I either blame the movers or remind him he could have come home to help. There will be nice people here to pack us and load the truck, so all I have to do is make sure the boxes get labeled so I don't end up unpacking things I intend to have future residence in the basement. Sadly, that is a job in itself.

Well, there is the stuff that will lead up to the movers getting here. The unloading of all the crap that will either hit the curb on trash day or will go to the local women's shelter. Anyone know I how I dispose of old mattresses that doesn't involve me getting them in a truck we don't have and making a trip to the dump? I know Goodwill won't take them. Are there charities who will? I have a king and a queen as well as their respective box springs. I assume the trash truck won't take them on trash day.

Um, so yeah, I have a lot to get done, but you know, it's good. I'm happy to do it. Busy is good.

Moving on up.

**Edited to add picture (I tried to add several, but Blogger has attitude)**


3 Comments:

  • At 6:16 PM , Blogger Amy said...

    To get rid of your mattresses, you may want to try freecycle. I signed up at yahoogroups for the one in my area and have gotten rid of all kinds of stuff. Good luck with your move!!!!

     
  • At 5:30 AM , Blogger Catherine said...

    awwww...what a great picture!

    Moving day approaches! How exciting!

    In addition to freecycling, try the free section on Craigslist.

     
  • At 3:38 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

    What a cute photo. Those puppies look like big soppy teddy bears:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home