Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Note to Self

Things that Make Me Puke, Gag, or Otherwise Want to Hurl:

* My prenatal vitamin, B Complex vitamin, Progesterone capsules or any other pill that requires swallowing.

* Feeding the dogs.

* Making dinner (Sorry Honey, no dinner again tonight).

* Brushing my teeth (which I usually do often and now, even though I want to, find myself doing more slowly and not spending as much time on my tongue and roof of mouth).

* Coughing.

* The meat department at the grocery store.

* Gracie's preschool classroom (Hi, this is my mom, please ignore her gagging as she walks through our classroom to gather me and my things).

* Cleaning any of the many odd and sometimes unidentifiable stains we get on out carpet on a daily basis.

* Sitting up.

* That new show on the Travel Channel with Andrew Something-Or-Other who goes all over the world eating the nastiest things he can find.

* Fish.

* My husband's morning breath (Sorry Babe).

* The nursery I love going to because they have the coolest garden stuff, but smells like the fertilizer they use on their flowers.

* Cucumbers (which I love) (only not so much anymore).

* Cleaning the toilet.

* The smell of my laundry soap.

* Not eating at least every two hours.

* Pretty much anything I do or encounter after about 2:00 in the afternoon.

But hey, as it gets worse and I add more to this list, I feel better about how this pregnancy is progressing. I'm 8 weeks, give or take a day or two. Baby steps. Next blood and ultrasound in March 8. Please, please let it be okay.

Thank God my husband is understanding and kind or I would be in big trouble. And thank God he's willing to run out for Chinese food when it's the only thing in the world that I *think* I *may* be able to choke down.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:04 AM , Blogger Kathy McC said...

    Reading some of those makes me want to gag and I'm not even pregnant! I'll be thinking of you on the 8th and hoping for the best, of course!

     
  • At 8:28 AM , Blogger KB said...

    SeaBands. And ginger ale. They made the difference between being able to get through a day and wanting to die with A.

     
  • At 8:53 AM , Blogger kate said...

    Sounds good! Well, no, sounds awful ;) but yes it does sound like the pg is progressing well. I am glad your dh is understanding!!

     
  • At 1:10 PM , Blogger BabyDansMommy said...

    I agree with kb....I used seabands as well and they made the day a little bearable. Been thinking of you alot of and glad to hear things are well.

     
  • At 2:09 PM , Blogger Amy said...

    I was all about the eating every two hours while I was pregnant. My favorite was bbq pulled pork or bbq shredded chicken sandwiches. I still wonder if I am pregnant every time I crave these. Hope everything goes well for you on Thursday. I will be thinking of you.

     
  • At 9:17 PM , Blogger LisserB said...

    I feel for you. I had all day sickies until, oh, around 24 weeks. I hope you don't have it that long. It's funny though, how something as gross as vomit can make you feel infinitely better about the little being you are growing.

    I hope all continues to go well for you and your little belly bean.

    Melissa

     
  • At 12:11 PM , Blogger Rosepetal said...

    Thinking of you and fingers crossed for your U/s tomorrow.
    ((hugs))

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home