Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Changing Plans, Making Plans and Growing Up

Um, so Carlie didn't work out. Jim wouldn't ever get with it. We tried many, many names. He threw out many, many ridiculous names (Wilhelmina!). We argued, we debated, I cried. He was watching a Bond movie with Natalie Wood and we both said Eureka! Natalie. Natalie Rose.

I suppose, in the end, it keeps with the movie star theme we started with Gracie. We have Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn and, now, Natalie Wood. So she shall be...

The nursery furniture has actually made it into her room and is actually put together. I have brought exactly nothing up from the basement. I did clean out the closets so I could get hers empty. My mom went nuts shopping while she was here, so honestly, I don't know how much stuff I will need out of the basement. That's not all bad since it was all unpacked for Audrey when we lost her and now that it's all packed away, I don't really want to get into it. I know I will, but I'm not there yet.

Gracie is loving Pony Camp again this week. She's with the "big girls" this time (ages 6-14). She's by far the youngest. The first day was great save the fact that some brat called her a baby. I would have thought she might be upset by that, but should have known better. She was genuinely and 100% PISSED OFF about it. That's my girl.

Today she's on her first ever field trip. To a horse show. An hour away. Without me. I didn't even drive. It sucks. I'm a nervous wreck, but she was beside herself excited about it. I almost said she couldn't go, but the thought of seeing her disappointed was just more than I could take. So she's gone. Sniff, sniff.

Had an OB appointment on Tuesday. Last regular appointment before we start NST's on August 1. We'll also schedule the amnio and c-section that day. I'll be 6 weeks from delivery (barring any, you know, issues) at that appointment. Once the first trimester was over, the time has just flown by. I hope it continues to...

8 Comments:

  • At 12:04 PM , Blogger Heather said...

    I love the name Natalie. Great pick. Sorry to hear someone called Gracie a "brat". My DD is at a theater camp this week and there are a lot of teenage girls. Even the teachers have commented how nice it is that the older girls have been so motherly with our DD. They've been very sweet.

     
  • At 12:25 PM , Blogger pithydithy said...

    Beautiful choice! Love it! (But, then, I kinda sorta like Wilhelmina too....)

     
  • At 2:08 PM , Blogger Final Score: Girls 3, Boys 0 said...

    What a lovely name! :)

     
  • At 4:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    LOVE natalie. And I really really love the nickname "Nat" for a girl. I think it is so sweet! Praying for that baby girl! If she is anything like her big sisters she will be a sweetie! :) How we have all waited for her for so long!

     
  • At 7:38 AM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    What a great name! Whenever I think of Natalie Wood, I think of a person who was simply beautiful. I bet your little girl will be just as beautiful, inside and out, or even more so. Good choice!

     
  • At 10:19 AM , Blogger niobe said...

    Natalie is a gorgeous name. And I love the fact that there's a kind of connection between all three girls' names.

    Though, like pithydithy, I think Wilhelmina is a great name too. ;)

     
  • At 10:44 AM , Blogger Kathy McC said...

    I like it! Although I love Carlie, too. That was one of our girl names.

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. It means a lot.

     
  • At 10:26 PM , Blogger Kim said...

    Yay for Natalie Rose! It's a beautiful name.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home