Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

No Sleep + Pregnant = Cranky as Hell

Jim's been out of town. I sleep great with the bed to myself. Problem is that not one other creature in this house sleeps well when he's gone.

Gracie insists that of daddy is gone then she should get to sleep in his place. Never starts out that way, but it never fails that sometime in the night she sneaks in. Rifle feels the need to be vigilent, so I hear him pace the wood floors and go up and down the stairs all night. Atlas isn't feeling well, so he's making funny noises all night. Mook, well, he's pretty good, but I notice him more since I'm not sleeping because of the other three.

I had plans to get so much done while Jim was gone. There are bare spots in the lawn I intended to get seeded. I wanted to start working on the closet in the baby's room (read: get Jim's shit out of it). I did break down, at my mother's insistence, and order baby furniture which will be here tomorrow. Maybe that will motivate me to get some stuff done in that room.

Oh, hey, get this... I'm still getting used to gardening where it's humid. I'm used to the dry arid climates of the west. Anywho, I'm forever having to look things up to figure out what's going on or what to do. The other day, there's the nasty slimy yellow crap growing in my mulch beds. What the hell is this, I ask. "Dog Vomit Slime Mold" people. How disgusting is that? It's harmless, but totally disgusting looking. One of the stages (after the slimy yellow stage) is that it dries and weeps this red, bloody looking stuff. Un-freaking-real.

So yeah, no sleep, nothing getting done and bloody dog vomit looking stuff in the garden. Good times. Could someone have a drink for me please?

5 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM , Blogger kate said...

    I had the dog vomit slime molds last year! F-ing lovely. This year, no slime molds, but that is because i never managed to put down mulch. So the weeds are taking over.

    No advice on the sleep...hope you get some soon!

     
  • At 10:04 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    Is that what that stuff is in the mulch? I think I saw that the other year. This year, I didn't get around to mulching. Sorry about the lack of sleep.

     
  • At 10:51 AM , Blogger niobe said...

    I knew there was a reason I hated mulch. In a word: ewwwwwww.

     
  • At 10:51 AM , Blogger missing_one said...

    I'm with you on the no-sleep thing. My DH is gone all week and for some reason,when he's gone, I get bouts of insomnia...I lie there and lie there and probably fall asleep around 1 or2. How did this happen? I used to be perfectly good at falling asleep by myself...now I need a warm body in bed *sigh*
    Not to mention, when he is gone, the cat acts out and throws up all over the house and my son acts out with the tantrums...sucks

     
  • At 12:18 PM , Blogger Kathy McC said...

    ew.

    I'll have a drink for you. p.s. We need to get together!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home