Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

The Very Hairy Who-Ha*

When I was a kid, I distinctly remember showering with my mother and swearing that I would never have a hairy who-ha like she did. I remember thinking how very unattractive and, well, jungle-y it looked. I have kept that promise and have always been good about keeping things down there trim. I don't do waxes or anything crazy, I just make sure things never get too wild.

As my middle has gotten bigger, it's gotten harder and harder to keep up with my trimming, so the other day I decided to give it what could be the last trim before this baby is born. I grabbed my scissors, hopped in the shower, and went for it.

Gracie came in the bathroom later and noticed the scissors in the shower. She asked why they were there. Crap. She knows what scissors are for. She knows I don't cut my own hair. What could I possibly tell her? I decide to be vague.

"I was trimming my hair" I say.

She replies, "Nuh-uh mommy, you were cutting all that hair on your hairy bum."

Oy.

Does this mean she sees things the way I did? I mean, does she see it as hairy as I did on my mom? I try so hard. Did my mom try too?

I can live with the fact that I have to wear a pantyliner everyday or I might sneeze and wet myself, but this? My daughter thinks I'm hairy? This I cannot abide.

I may have to suffer through a bikini wax if the middle gets so big that I can't take care of business.

* Wouldn't "The Very Hairy Who-Ha" make a great title for a children's book? Kind of like the one "Everyone Poops"? Hahahahaha, I crack myself up.

8 Comments:

  • At 6:43 PM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    I think all of us go through the 'we're becoming what we said we'd never be' moments. Give yourself a break, though, you're pregnant. Maybe you can tell Gracie that. And when she's pregnant, I bet she'll think she's turning into HER mom too!

     
  • At 7:02 PM , Blogger Kathy McC said...

    Awesome. This really made me laugh. In a "I can totally relate" sort of way.

     
  • At 9:00 PM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    LOL! This is so damned funny. I am having the same landscaping issues right now since I'm in my 39th week of pregnancy. The other day, I actually took my husbands non-fogging shower mirror off the wall so I could get a better gander. I have to have things neat but I don't want to get waxed, either!! LOL. Such a funny post!

     
  • At 6:18 AM , Blogger kate said...

    LOL!

     
  • At 2:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    i always thought the SAME thing!!!!!

     
  • At 3:26 PM , Blogger Heather said...

    Very funny post, especially since I remember the morning my water broke with DD, I shaved it all off down there. I couldn't take it anymore. I didn't realize I did that during the delivery and none of the doctors or nurses said anything to me. I realized I did this a year later when on DD's first birthday, I watched the video of her birth for the first time. It was no holds barred as I had a close friend do it for me. It was just DH and I watching the video and I'm like "OMG! I was clean shaven!!! They must've thought I was such a ho!"

     
  • At 12:29 PM , Blogger pithydithy said...

    OMG that was funny! I'm not going to tell you about how postpartum, now that I can see it again, I don't seem to be able to fix mine up like it was before. Cause that would be too much info.

     
  • At 7:02 PM , Blogger Samantha said...

    Crack me up!!!
    DH was all too happy to handle the "yard work" when I got to where I could see the "lawn".

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home