Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Miss you.

I feel like a piece of me is missing while I am out of the bloggy loop. My limited time at Panera a couple of times a week doesn't nearly get me caught up and feeling back in the loop with all of you guys. I think the issue is resolved now, unfortunately, it's going to be the 5th before the new company can get things installed and running. For the record, I hate a certain company with the first latter "V" and the last "Erizon". They suck. Well, maybe living in the country sucks for certain things, but they should really never have told me they could pull it off.

Anywho...

I talked the doc into another u/s next week to see if we can get a look between this kid's legs. It feels really frivolous to ask, but dammit, my mom will be here. And, she's moving. To freaking Malaysia. In two weeks. I need to know dammit. I need to know if we can go through what's in the basement for girlies as if we are bringing another home or as if we are sorting for those items to be given away. I need to shop. I need to sort out what's going to happen with the bedroom and whatnot. I NEED TO KNOW.

So there.

We have to buy a lot of stuff. I gave away everything baby related, except a few toys and all of the clothes we have stashed. I don't even have an infant seat or a crib. Did I mention we haven't sold the Vegas house? No? Well, yeah, that would be nice since we are going to have to spend a small fortune on this baby.

Having said that, Father's Day is coming. I did something really silly for Jim and spent way too much money doing it. It's a watch I know he wants but he's been too cheap to buy for himself. He totally deserves it. I want him to have it. I just feel really bad...see previous paragraph. Am I stupid? Wait, don't answer that. We cancelled our vacation, so we didn't have to spend that money. It'll be okay, right?

What else... Oh, I miss you guys. I feel like I have soooo much to catch up on with all of you.

Oh, hey...what do you all think of these names:

Jack James (would have the same initials as Jim)

or

Carlie Ann

?

Talk amongst yourselves....

9 Comments:

  • At 10:02 AM , Blogger JMB said...

    Love the girl name, unique but not too out there either.

    You're not stupid about the father's day gift-I've done the same thing more than I should have, and that was back when it was from our fuzzy kids, since we hadn't managed to have any of our own yet.

    Congrats on getting the ultrasound!

     
  • At 1:09 PM , Blogger pithydithy said...

    We miss you too! And both names are great, although the boys name would give him three one-syllable names. I tend to like more rhythm to a name...but I still think it's very cute, especially with the alliteration of the first two. I can see you yelling that out the door one day....

     
  • At 1:39 PM , Blogger Kim said...

    I love Jack and Carlie! I know some very cute Carlies. :) Would you call him "Jack" or "Jack James"?

     
  • At 2:49 PM , Blogger Catherine said...

    I miss you!

    I love the names!

    Malaysia?

    Father's day...Steve gets nothing...just like what I got for Mother's Day.

    If it's a boy, I would love to help you shop!

     
  • At 6:39 PM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    The names are great!
    I've done things like that for my husband for Father's Day. I say it's okay.
    So your parents are moving to Malaysia. Hubby goes there on business. I know you've said before, but I have mom brain,but why are your parents moving there?

    Anyway, I understand the need to know; I was the same way!!!

     
  • At 4:42 PM , Blogger KB said...

    I think both names are cute, although I can't understand why you aren't going with the ones previously suggested by Jim.... ;)

    I keep trying to CALL you, seeing as I never seem to catch up with you online, but there are these certain small CHILDREN who firmly believe a phone in my hand means you should either throw a screaming fit or try to kill your sibling. Hopefully your ISP issue is resolved today and I'll "see" you in the morning!

     
  • At 2:40 AM , Blogger kate said...

    We miss you too! I hope you can get your ISP problem resolved!

    Our problem is that we are currently down to *one* working internet-connected computer in the household. Which partially explains why i have been getting up at 5 am lately...

     
  • At 6:14 AM , Blogger laura said...

    lovely names, both of them. i look forward to the u/s results, if you're going to be publicizing them...

     
  • At 11:37 AM , Blogger Laura said...

    I'm just now posting a comment, I'm sorry! I've read this post like, three times. Anyway, I'm so excited to hear the ultrasound results! You're going to tell us, right? I love Carlie Ann--that is such a sweet name. I really love Jack, too, it's one of my favorite boy names. I miss you, too!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home