Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Panic Attack #1

And, I only label this "#1" because it's the first to require a trip to the OB's just to hear the heartbeat. I suppose if I had ordered the doppler, I could have avoided this, but I haven't and don't know if I willl even still.

Jim's was out of town last night and we had our first major thunderstorm. Normally, I love to watch the storms pass, but last night must have gotten me; I had the most horrible nightmares. I've gotten lucky with the nightmares really, I had some right after Audrey was born and occassionally since, but last night was relentless.

So, in and out, 155 bpm. Phew. Waiting for results on the quad screen. I guess I'll get those in a few days. All is well with the kid and my belly is showing it.

Spring has finally sprung here. The birds are out, everything is blooming and I think I can finally put all of Gracie's winter stuff in the basement. Thank God, because she had grown out of nearly everything. She's so excited to be wearing her dresses and skirts regularly now.

Totally borning update. Sorry.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM , Blogger JMB said...

    Don't worry about boring, and for you to make it this long to have an OB-worthy panic attack is laudable. Life isn't always exciting, but the day to days are what make it; Gracie's skirts, and the many thanks for maternity pants that fit and let you breathe. Life is good.

     
  • At 12:08 PM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    Glad that all is well with the baby! Do you think that you'll be posting some belly shots so we can see just how much that little guy or girl is growing?

     
  • At 12:41 PM , Blogger pithydithy said...

    I'm happy that all is well with the babe, but sad for the inevitable stress for you. Hugs!

    And I second the belly shot request!

     
  • At 12:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    oh girl, i am so sorry for the scare. i can't tell you how many times i had that scare with asher.

     
  • At 7:11 PM , Blogger Emma's Mum said...

    Wow - I am impressed that this was your first panic trip! I think you are doing really well! I do have the doppler, and still have panic trips......
    I am happy to read that we seem to be on the same "schedule" regarding lung maturity, amnio and c-section. I just had a similar talk with my dr. once I finally got the courage to ask what the due date might be!

     
  • At 6:38 AM , Blogger KB said...

    Heck, you should get an award for getting almost half way through before freaking out! :) I'm having this bad feeling that CC is a girl though.... not that another daughter is a bad thing, but rather, I think you REALLY deserve a boy who will put you through the trials and tribulations you seem to find so amusing when I'm relating them to you... ;)

     
  • At 9:21 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    AWESOME news about the heartbeat. It's amazing what a sigh of relief that can bring! Thinking of you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home