Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Better

Wow, sorry about the beginning of that last post. I didn't intend on freaking anyone. Oops. So far so good.

Since they started me back on the progesterone injections, I feel better. I don't really know if one has anything to do with the other though. In fact, I thought higher progesterone = sicker. But, on Friday my levels had gotten really low because I have been unable to choke down the stupid prometrium. The injections are no fun, but whatever it takes. And, I feel better, so hey, good times.

In other news... We are supposed to be getting an offer on the Vegas house. Our agent called us yesterday and said she had gotten a call that there was one coming in. So far it hasn't materialized. Don't know what the hold up is. I wish they'd get a move on. I would love nothing more than to unload that boat anchor.

Oh, similar subject since it's our agent's daughter... The day after I posted about the baby furniture and getting no recognition, we got a thank you card from the snotty daughter. It was short, but better than nothing. I guess I just needed to put my irritation out into the universe and...viola! Whatever.

Rifle is at the vet today getting his balls whacked. Poor guy. He had no idea. He was so excited to get in the car and so excited when we got out. That lasted until I handed his leash off to the Vet Tech. Then, the tail went between the legs and he started shivering.

So yeah, boring post (again).

Oh, I just want it noted for the record that the whole IVF and then C-Section thing makes explaining how the baby got there and how he/she will get out much, much easier. Gracie finally got curious and asked how the baby got in my belly and how it will get out. I totally chumped out. I didn't want to have the "talk" with my four year old. She know Dr. BM and she knows the scar on my tummy. I told her Dr. BM put the baby there and that it would come out through my tummy. I didn't lie! (How pathetic) I know that is totally going to screw her up though. Just one more way I have f-ed up my kid.

I guess that's what therapy is for. Thank God we have decent insurance.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:02 AM , Blogger kate said...

    Boring is good!

    Hee hee hee about Gracie & the "talk". I think they generally ask around this age (Alexander did) but they aren't ready for the real explanation anyway. I know i gave him an explanation that seriously glossed over the details, and it was accepted just fine. I doubt such a bogus explanation would have served for something he was really interested in, like anything train-related....

     
  • At 6:27 AM , Blogger Laura said...

    Yeah, boring is good :)

    That's good news about the Vegas house!! And also the thank you note from that chick. I didn't get a chance to comment on that one, but oh my gosh, that pissed me off.

     
  • At 3:12 AM , Blogger niobe said...

    Hey, you gave Gracie the honest answer to exactly what she asked. If she wants a more, uh, complete explanation, she's just going to have to learn to ask better questions. ; )

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home