Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Friday, March 23, 2007

OB Appt. Update

Well, after trying for 10 minutes to find a heartbeat with the doppler, we went to the ultrasound room. I knew at 11 weeks it would be very likely that we would not find it with the doppler. I was not surprised, but I was still completely freaked and anxious walking into the ultrasound room. All the events of the day we found out Audrey was gone came rushing in. The nurse trying really hard to find something with the ultrasound machine and saying over and over, I think I got it only to find nothing. Going to a new room with a better machine. The whole bit.

Thank God that today, we found the heartbeat with the ultrasound. We saw CC move, we saw its heart flicker. All is well.

The PA was awesome. She was with me the whole time. She didn't waste any time at all getting into the ultrasound room. Everyone was great. No one was patronizing or looking at me like I was the crazy mother. They all said that anytime I have anxiety to just come in and that I would never leave their office without knowing what was going on. If they couldn't find it with the doppler, they would always do the ultrasound. I don't want to be the nut job and they went a long way to making me feel a little less nutty.

The all-fucking-day-sickness continues. It caught me off guard today and I puked in the kitchen sink. Nice, huh? Anyone want me to cook them dinner? I promise I cleaned it. I guess I just over did it this morning and I'm paying for it now. I didn't even get the floors mopped. Cest la vie.

The dogs are making me nuts. They have not gotten enough exercise, so they are totally out of control. I need a dog walker. Rifle is outside barking his fool head off at the moment. I'd make Jim do it, but he's not even on the state for the last two days. The nerve.

They tried stopping all of my hormones, but my progesterone level went way too low. I'm off of everything but 1 cc of PIO. As sick as I've been you'd think that my progesterone would be through the damn roof.

So, that's the news. Off to visit the sink, er, bathroom.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:42 PM , Blogger KB said...

    Send Rifle here. I'll walk him! You can keep the mop and the meximelt though.

    Sorry, but I'm happy you're sick. ;) You have no freaking idea how happy!! I mean that in the most loving of ways, of course, and you can let CC know his Auntie K says as soon as he starts moving enough to keep his mom happy, he can knock off with the puking.

    Glad you had a good appt. Your OB sounds like a peach!

     
  • At 6:24 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

    Your OB sounds fantastic! That feeling sucks when so much can run through your head in such a short time. Glad CC is still thriving:)

     
  • At 6:37 PM , Blogger Kathy McC said...

    I almost had a freaking heart attack when I read the first few lines there! So glad CC is OK. I know that feeling and it sucks. Thank goodness your OB is so compassionate. I hope you feel better soon...meantime, I hope your sink has a disposal built in! ;-)

     
  • At 8:32 PM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    I am so glad that CC is doing well. Like the others, those first few lines freaked me out! Your OB sounds so wonderful! Wish I had had one so awesome. Oh, and the floors, son't waste your time thinking about them. They'll wait for you to feel better:)

     
  • At 9:13 PM , Blogger Ruby said...

    Sounds like you have a great OB.
    Glad your baby is doing well.
    Being sick while being PG is a good thing:)

     
  • At 7:14 AM , Blogger Rosepetal said...

    I'm sorry you're having such a tough time but oh so glad that the heartbeat was there. How stressful :(

    (((hugs)))

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home