Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Lesson One: Don't get ahead of yourself

The last few days have been great. I've had more energy, I've felt sooo much better. I was starting to think that the worst had past.

Ha!

I started the day by catching up on house chores I had neglected. Got more done this morning than I did all last week (including that pesky laundry room closet). I intended on taking it easy this afternoon until I found a tick on one of the dogs.

Don't ever let any vet tell you that you can give up the Advantix while it's cold. As soon as you have a day above 50, the critters come out. So, I had to give all three of them baths so they could start the Advantix. That was fun.

After baths, I forgot to put Rifle out and that ended in a walking trail of doggie pee that went through the kitchen, dining room and entry way. After I mopped all of those floors, I had to do the laundry...wet towels from baths and then the entryway rug...ick.

So, yeah, now, I feel like total shit again. I'm cranky and my kid is watching TV...some more. The dog is totally bored because I wouldn't take him out to play ball today. They are all driving me nuts.

And, I want to throw-up. Again. Some more.

So, hey, I though this was going to be the post where I was all happy and cheery and life is fabulous, but I'm not quite there yet.

Almost 10 weeks. One day at a time, right?

5 Comments:

  • At 5:25 AM , Blogger niobe said...

    One day at a time is a generally good strategy. But as someone much cleverer than me pointed out, sometimes several days attack you at once.

    Take care of yourself (and CC).

     
  • At 9:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    As long as sticky cookie crumb sticks around, nothing else matters.
    Everything will fall into place once you're "out of the woods"

    Thinking of you and CC
    Love & Light,
    C.

     
  • At 12:19 PM , Blogger Rosepetal said...

    Yes one day at a time. I haven't even reached that stage yet. I'm studiously ignoring the whole thing (well okay, I'm not drinking)

     
  • At 3:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    hey, lady, rome wasn't built in a day!
    rach
    raqueljoy.livejournal.com

     
  • At 7:24 PM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    One day at a time...Thanks for the tip about the tick/flea meds. It was 72 here today, and you can bet they'll be getting a pill as soon as I'm off the computer!
    So sorry you feel like crap! You'll feel better soon. You're getting close....!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home