Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Still Alive

So, how was your Easter? Wanna see how mine was?



That was when I got up to let the dogs out at 7:00 AM. That is SNOW people. It didn't get any better through the day. No cute Easter dresses, no outside egg hunt...just snow. In freaking April. WTF? Welcome to the mid-Atlantic.

You know, for the last week I have post after post swirling in my head and yet, I never posted anything. Nothing was good enough once I was home at my keyboard. Sorry.

CC is fine and his/her heartbeat was found with the doppler at this morning's appointment. I did ask about my renting a doppler. They said fine but suggested I wait until 20 weeks. HA! What are they smoking, it's on my list to do today. I was just waiting for one of them to find it first. Puhlease. 20 weeks. Whatever.

Level II ultrasound is scheduled for May 22 and the Fetal Echo for June 11. They both seem like eons away. I guess it will sneak up on me, but for now, sheesh, that seems like forever.

So, um, that's all in my boring life. Oh, I have closets to clean out and laundry to put away. My sweet, wonderful daughter has grown out of all of her winter clothes. You know, because she has high-waters, Old Man Winter has decided to hang on just a little longer. I hate it when I see kids wearing high-waters. Makes me nuts. I was one of those kids and I HATED IT! We do a lot of tucking-in the boots. Gracie has a lot of really cute stuff for Spring...think it will ever get here?
Okay, someone please tell me you think this is as funny as I did:
We had dinner with some friends yesterday. They had also invited several others. The discussion somehow turned to local colleges and universities and it was said how lucky we are so have so many wonderful schools nearby. One in particular... It is now co-ed but used to be an all girls school. An all girls school called... BEAVER. I spit my tea all over the table laughing so hard.
The thing is that I was the only one laughing. Who are these people?!
PS...I have tried to edit the spacing in the last few paragraphs a dozen times. Blogger sucks. I give up.








7 Comments:

  • At 11:44 AM , Blogger Catherine said...

    You can dress the girl up, but you can't take her out in public. Shame on you. Don't you know you're supposed to be above all that crude humor? LOL!

     
  • At 1:11 PM , Blogger Ruby said...

    Congratulations on ANOTHER good Dr. visit.

    I would have spit my tea out too, or choked on it trying not to.

    Too funny.

    I wonder who named the school. I mean, did they have a sense of humor or were they oblivious?

     
  • At 2:28 PM , Blogger Kathy McC said...

    That's damn funny. I would have laughed out loud.

    And my Easter looked about the same. This is not normal, even in the mid-atlantic. Where's the nicer weather???

     
  • At 10:29 AM , Blogger Rosepetal said...

    I am glad you updated! and that everything is okay with CC.

    I find the beaver thing funny too. Is there one called ... no, I had to delete what I wrote.

     
  • At 5:37 PM , Blogger Kathy McC said...

    Oh, c'mon rosepetal...now I am curious!

    Michelle, let's definitely make plans to get together. My email is kathy@mc-c.net. Send me your email and we'll plan on it! :-)

     
  • At 7:05 PM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    Glad your doctor visit was good! I am with you, what a re they smking? Wait until 20 weeks! Why?!
    I would hav elaughed with you on the beather comment too.I guess I have a naughty mind too.

     
  • At 7:38 PM , Blogger LisserB said...

    Yeah, the all-girls school named beaver is funny.

    Congrats on hearing the heartbeat!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home