Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Monday, May 02, 2005

F Work

Honestly.

I have been a good employee through my whole vacation and have kept up with e-mails and phone calls. I feel like I have to.

This morning I was rewarded with a birth announcement from a co-worker. His wife had just found out she was expecting when Audrey was born. Their daughter arrived this morning. I really am happy for him. Everyone deserves a healthy baby, but I hate that I was copied on the e-mail. I'm such a bitch.

On top of that, my boss informed me that I either need to take unpaid leave for the time I had off after Audrey was born, or call it vacation time. So, I can burn vacation time I didn't think I'd need to burn, or take a hit in my check because I've already been paid for that time off. I work for one of those lovely companies that does not give paid maternity or bereavement time. Nice to hear about all of that 8 months later, huh?

I'm so glad I work so hard and am such a good employee.

M-Fers.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    MB, I am checking again and again to see if this is your month. I hope so!!!!!!!

     
  • At 10:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I thought it was a state law or something that all employees are to receive paid maternity leave...? Guess I was wrong.

     
  • At 6:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You have got to be kidding.

    What a wonderful, caring company you work for. I'll second the mf'ers.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home