Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Taking a Mental Health Month

I've tried to post this twice today; freaking Blogger.

I asked for good news, something good, in my last post and we've gotten a little since then. Jim's gotten good news on the job front and he will be making another trek to Atlantic City on the second. The Company has asked that I go along to check out the area. I suppose that means they're feeling pretty good about his employment and we will likely be asked to move to Atlantic City.

Moving is good for me. I hate this place we live. It's as hot as hell and that is not really an exaggeration. Too damn hot and too damn boring. When you live in Las Vegas, you don't spend a lot of time on the Strip. Especially if you have kids. With only a few exceptions, it's just not super kid-friendly. Jim likes it here, but I'm done. You can't take weekend trips because you can't drive anywhere in less tan 4 hours. We're totally land-locked.

So, I will take that good news for the moment and be grateful.

We've decided to take a month off with TTC. I want to be able to drink leaded coffee and tea guilt-free and I would love to have more than a sip of champagne at my brother's wedding next week. Well, now with the trip tp AC, there's more incentive. Gracie will be staying with my mom & dad (who happen to be in town for the afore mentioned wedding, so the timing is perfect!). Mommy and Daddy will get a much anticipated few days away and Mommy will even get to have a few drinks! Wahoo!

My brain (and body) just needed a rest. I need a month to not stress wondering what-if. I may still wonder, but it already feels like the pressure is off. I'm also going to try and lose a few pounds so I can feel better about myself.

We'll see how that last one goes...!

8 Comments:

  • At 5:02 PM , Blogger Catherine said...

    Vacations are good...physical and mental. I hope you have a nice time at the wedding and drink too much champagne. That sounds lovely.

    If you move to Atlantic City, we could visit you!

     
  • At 7:33 PM , Blogger KB said...

    Here's to AC!!

     
  • At 5:36 AM , Blogger laura said...

    bottoms up!

     
  • At 8:18 AM , Blogger kate said...

    Sounds good! Atlantic City, here you come!

     
  • At 8:44 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    Have a good time! It will be nice to get away. Plus, with your daughter in grandparent care, you will be able to totally relax. I love it when my parents watch our kids.

    I never considered that about Vegas - that you may as well be landlocked because you have to drive so far to do anything - well, in the Atlantic City area, you will have PLENTY to do! :)

     
  • At 11:06 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

    Let this be the upturn you've been waiting for. Drink up hon and relax!

     
  • At 7:30 AM , Blogger Jen said...

    Good for you! I hope you have a fun time and are able to relax. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for AC!

     
  • At 8:41 AM , Blogger Anam Cara said...

    Exciting news about the potential move! I hope it works out. I really hope you enjoy your brothers' wedding!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home