Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Holy Hell I've Been Gone Forever

Wow. How can less than two weeks seem like such an eternity? I don't even know where to start.

My brother is now a married man. That was cool. Sad also... I felt (feel) a little like he is more part of her family now than he is of ours. My MIL said whe Jim & I got engaged that when a daughter gets married a Mother gains a son, but when a son gets married she loses a son. I thought it was BS at the time, but seeing my brother at his wedding made it all seem pretty true. I'm a little sad for us but really happy for him and his new wife.

We had a great time at the wedding. Beautiful (Central California Coast) location. Gorgeous weather (75 all the time). Saw friends and family I haven't seen in more years than I should mention. So nice to rekindle those old relationships.

Atlantic City was kind of fun. Jim heard Friday that they offered the job to the other guy. So, that sucks ass. I don't even know if I'm ready to get into all of the emotion about that. Just such a let down. I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. I was so hopeful that at least one part of this shitty luck could be resolved, but no such luck yet. Here's hoping the other things in the pipeline work out.

We all went and saw Barry Manilow on Friday night (at my mother's behest). It was easy to make fun (and boy did we...we picked fan club night to go...holy shit...the Fanilows are scary), but you know...the guy is a great performer. It was really entertaining and even a little fun. I'll leave it at that lest I say something more stupid than I had fun at a Barry Manilow concert. (This paragraph will disappear from this entry in 30 seconds)

We had some friends over last night for dinner as sort fo a farewell to mom & dad. They left early this morning. My husband proceeded to make a huge ass of himself over and over. What is it about men that when they do something stupid they have to punctuate it by just making an evening of it? It's a whole 'nother entry, but suffice it to say that I'm pissed at him and I guarantee he will wish today that he had kept his damn mouth shut last night.

So. You're caught up. I'm back. I missed you guys. And now, I mist go catch up with you all...

Laura and Justin...WAHOO!! Congratulations. I will post that on your blog though, as soon as I have a chance. You won't likely have much time for checking blogs...hehe. Welcome Milo!

***edited to add that we saw Barry in Las Vegas upon our return.


9 Comments:

  • At 6:38 AM , Blogger Kathy McC said...

    Welcome back! We missed you.

    I know what you mean about the mother losing a son thing. I never thought about that until I had a son. Then we went to a wedding and all I could think of is how happy/sad the mother of the groom must be...

    Glad you had fun at the Manilow concert...and you admit it!! ;-)

    Sorry your dh was an ass...they can be such buggers sometimes!

     
  • At 10:21 AM , Blogger kate said...

    Welcome back! We missed you!

    I'm sorry the Atlantic City thing fell through. I hope that something else works our for your dh...and soon....

    Barry Manilow...hee hee.

     
  • At 12:34 PM , Blogger SWH said...

    Glad your back! Sorry you don't have good news on the job front to pass on... hopefully soon.

     
  • At 2:30 PM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    Yay, Yay, you're back! Glad you had a good time.

    That totally sucks about the job. I'm so sorry! WTF happened? Does he have something else on the horizon that interests him?

    I had to LMAO at the Fanilow comment. OMG. That is too funny.

     
  • At 3:25 PM , Blogger lorem ipsum said...

    Welcome back! I missed you. I'm also baffled that you live in LV but had to go to AC to see Barry Manilow.

    He's had a little work done, hasn't he?

     
  • At 3:46 PM , Blogger MB said...

    He has had a lot of work done. Not to the nose though...weird. And, we saw him in Las Vegas after we returned from AC...

     
  • At 4:56 AM , Blogger pithydithy said...

    Snort. You had fun at a Barry Manilow concert.

    Tee hee.

    Snort.

    On to a less point-my-finger-and-laughing with you topic, I'm so sorry that Jim wasn't offered the new job. Sucks big time. Hugs!

     
  • At 7:39 PM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    Sorry that Jim wasn't offered the job!

    I have heard that Abrry Manilow puts on a good show. I remember his music from the 70's like it was just yesterday.

    BTW, I agree that when a son gets married you lose a son. That is why I am so nervous about having two boys. yah, I know they are only 3 and 1:)

     
  • At 3:00 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

    Hey, good to have you back! I am so sorry about the job and I hope that something falls into place for you guys:) And there is something almost cool about ole Bazza these days. I think he may have survived long enough to be retro. Makes me want to sing really...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home