Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Almost Over

I am not sad to see 2005 on its way out. I think it's fabulous. Bring on 2006. I need a fresh start.

My list of resolutions for the New Year grows almost by the hour. I know that many of them will be ignored as the year wears on. I hope I can stick to a few of them. For posterity's sake, here they are:

* I want to lose 20 pounds, but I'll settle for 15.
* Quit my job so I can be the Mother I want to be.
* Improve my mental state and general attitude.

Note: All three above will require self discipline that I usually lack, so God help me...

And last, but not least...

* Have a baby..who is born and I get to see start kindergarten and college and have his/her own babies.

I don't really think it's a lot. All but one is completely within my own control.

Mt HCG was down to 27 on Friday. That's a good sign. I was told that it would come down very slowly and did not expect to see double digits until 2006. I hope it's an omen.

We are taking down Christmas decor tomorrow and leaving for Colorado on Tuesday. Happy New Year to all of you. Here's hoping it's a really great one.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:53 PM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    Wishing you a great 2006, too. May your resolutions come true, except the one where you lose 20 pounds. I hope you gain that amount when you get pregnant with your healthy baby.
    Have a wonderful vacation!

     
  • At 5:37 AM , Blogger Catherine said...

    Have a great trip. Adios 2005! All the best in 2006.

     
  • At 1:45 PM , Blogger SWH said...

    I hope that all of your goals are met next year (although the baby and weightloss might not work together). I'm trying to work on my attitude too and hoping that I can find a way to let go of the bitterness towards others.

    Have a good new years and trip!

     
  • At 3:24 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

    I think those resolutions are great and I'm wishing them ALL true for you. Enjoy the vacation!

     
  • At 5:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am just getting caught up and wanted to stop in an wish you a happy new year. And a new year with nothin but good news. Best of luck with the resolutions you made. I am such a slacker that I don't make resolustions since I know I won't stick to it and get them done. Always thinking of you and wish the best for you.

     
  • At 1:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i agree with formerteacher...may you get big, fat and happy with the freaking GLOW of pregancy!

    Rach

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home